PIPSC WINNIPEG and SOUTHERN MANITOBA BRANCH EXECUTIVE
Meeting – May 7, 2019 at 5:00 pm
960-363 Broadway Ave., Winnipeg, MB
Present: Pramesh Selliah, Donna Johnston, Cory Graham, Kevin Jacobs, David Hakes, Linda Howes, Jason Caners Terri Gobeil, Jay Krishnan, Chris Freeman
Regrets: Mo Khakbazan
- Call to Order
- Linda called the meeting to order at 16:59.
- Approval of Agenda
- Moved by Linda, seconded by Kevin, motion carried
- Minutes of last meetings, April 9, 2019
- Moved by Cory, seconded by Terri. motion carried
- President’s Report
- PRC – mandatory for all delegates to attend the March on May 25, there will be a concert, PIPSC delegates returning to meetings after the march.
MOTION: Reimburse Cory $XXX for payment to the hotel for the MAGE AGM, as the President’s Hospitality Grant. Linda Moved, Chris Second. Carried.
MOTION: Preapprove President Hospitality Grant at AV Winnipeg SubGroup AGM for a maximum $XXX. Linda Moved, David Second. Carried.
- Discussion regarding Union Family Leave Balance Policy
- Full President’s report available upon request
- Treasurer’s Report
- Circulated financial report.
- Motion to accept financial report. Moved Jason, Seconded Kevin. Carried.
- New Business
- 2019 Institute Awards – Aug 16, 2019 cut off date for submissions.
- Phoenix Damages – announced / news release from TB, there is a tentative agreement in place.
- Bargaining – Rob Scott provided an update on central bargaining table status at Labour School
- Other Business:
- Round Table
- Jason – to determine date for Bomber game (possibility of July 19 or Aug 8)
- Donna – date Dec 5 for Winnipeg Open House – King’s Head – working with Terri
- Terri – SH subgroup AGM president had been scheduled for a speech, but had to cancel due to other commitments. 8 new nurses have started.
- David – Steward appreciation event – possibly a brew pub (ie Torque)
- Kevin – local event L&L / coffee break in workplace – Maybe something during public service week as well.
- Cory - MAGE AGM held April 30, and have new secretary, new member at large and new president on the executive
MOTION: Reimburse Cory $XXX for hospitality for membership event. Cory Moved, Linda Second. Carried.
- Linda – May 15, L&L with Nancy McCune – topic Do Better Campaign. Nancy/Linda/Others to hand out pamphlets at Lombard & Main sites. Planning Members picnic / bbq possibly September (with Jay).
- Chris / Pramesh – Labour Day Event – estimate $XXX, need chips, food handouts, need other things for tent – logo / visibility emblems.
- Pramesh –tomorrow NH organized committee for STRIKE, his daughter`s school has invited guests to speak at school regarding Strike and background of the 1919 strike
- National Public Service Week upcoming.
Standing motion to reimburse Cory for dinner cost - $XXX
Motion: Moved by Cory.
Meeting adjourned at 19:06