PIPSC KINGSTON BRANCH EXECUTIVE MINUTES
Date: September 17, 2018
Gary Desbiens, Steve Irish, Ken Pearce, Jen van De ven, Anya Meyers, Mike Tabbert, Cindi
Sangster, Cindy Gagnon
Special guest Richard Doyle (National VP for CSC consultation)
Meeting called to order at 5:35 p.m.
- reviewed the budget, agreed to rename the "executive meeting" to "special meeting".
- looking at buying some bling depending on how many members attend - not likely.
- discussion about buying a drink but it will cost about $350 and not in the budget
- all are in agreement about the budget as it stands.
Member appreciation event October 3rd:
- Gary getting speaker from National (either President or VP or Doug Masson)
- Speaker to discuss EWP and negotiations
- Executive members will be there at 5:00 p.m.
- info about PTSD/WSIB - Jen
- info about the employee wellness survey - Ken
- speaker/info about service plus - Gary
- need projector/microphone - Steve
- need laptop - Dan/Pauline
- IT set-up – Dan/Pauline
- say goodbye to retiring members
- introduce the executive and new stewards/stewards in waiting
- it's up to the members to keep up to date about what is going on in the union
- as far as voting - members need to vote, last elections were only 15% - spread the word, it's our job as stewards and executive members.
Meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.