Kingston Branch Executive

Minutes of Meeting

Location: Loyal Oarsman – February 12, 2019

Regrets: Regrets, Jen v, Ken P, Dan G

  • Meeting called to order at 17:40 hours
  • First order of business was to discuss the upcoming AGM
    • April 17th at the Renaissance on Queen St
    • XXX deposit already made
    • Menu same as previous years (3 choices main)
    • Guest speaker – will request Debi Daviau to speak about Phoenix and sick leave
    • – also Pauline C will provide handouts for each group with updates for where bargaining is at
    • Mike T has the contact information and will keep in touch with Cindy G regarding numbers, etc as the date approaches
  • Steve Irish announced that he has retired earlier than he had planned. As he has been the Treasurerelect for some time, he handed over all manual and electronic records to Mike, who has agreed to act as the interim Treasurer until it is up for re-election. Mike T will present the financials at the upcoming AGM. We wish you the best, Steve!
  • Promotional items – charging banks, portfolio, clipboard, lunch bag, soft drink cooler, reusable grocery bags
  • Any existing promotional items that executive members have at home that you are not keeping – send the list to Cindi S – we can use these as well.
  • Discussed ideas to promote visibility/engagement – engaging in local races (i.e., Race for Beethoven), PIPSC website scavenger hunt, etc.
  • The idea of having a few of our current Executive members at large in charge of these ideas as the “promotions officer” was debated. Cindi S and Anya M volunteered to help on this front. In preparation for this, Anya M is going to contact PIPSC to find out if we can get a “general email box” for the Kingston branch so it can be accessed by the Executive and isn’t solely one person’s responsibility.
  • Mike T reviewed the budget. All agreed to the proposed budget for 2020 that will be tabled at the AGM. We discussed the idea of rolling over some of our yearly allotment instead of having a member appreciation event, all were in favor. We acknowledged that although this is the plan, we may need a special meeting this year depending on the ratification of the CAs and other issues.
  • Meeting was adjourned at 18:55 hours
  • NEXT MEETING : 17:30 April 8th, 2019, location TBD