GTA Branch Meeting, January 31, 2024


Stan Buday (President)       Kuini Chuen (VP)                 Nuşin Brown (Secretary)

Roy Philip (Treasurer)         Delores Sui                           Keri Kwong

Nathanael Mathi                  Tanya King                           Yvonne Snaddon

Yu Gao                                  

Absent: Nicole Henshaw

Welcome by Stan at 6:05 pm. Approval of Agenda: moved by Nuşin, seconded by Keri.

Motion to accept September 6th meeting Minutes: Nuşin made a motion, Yu seconded. Both agenda and minutes were approved.

Finance Review: The 2023 allocation was deposited by PIPSC on November 24, 2023.

Annual Member Family Picnic: If we are having a picnic this Summer, we have to book a venue soon. Tentative dates are Saturdays July 13th or 20th. Possible venues are West Deane Park, Erindale Park or Rennie Park. There must be a covered area.

Action Item: Stan, Kuini and Yvonne to check availability for one park each for both tentative dates. West Deane Park, Erindale Park and Rennie Park respectively.

Branch AGM: The Branch AGM will take place on Thursday May 16th which is also Moose Hide Campaign Day: an Indigenous movement that started in BC, men and boys creating the change to end violence against women. Tanya will bring moose hide pins; she will do the land acknowledgement and introduce the campaign day.

Action Item: Roy and Yu will organize booking the venue, Granite Brewery.

ORC: The Ontario Region Council will be held April 12-13, 2024.

Action Item: Executive members to confirm their attendance with Stan so that unused GTA Branch seats can be offered to other GTA subgroups and/or stewards in a timely manner.

Review of Planning Agenda:

The Winter networking event has been setup for February 15, 2024 at the Frog and Firkin. PIPSC Communications posted the event and emailed out member invites.

The Steward appreciation event was held on November 6, 2023 and was successful.

The zoo event was held on October 21, 2023 and well attended.

Visibility items: We had budgeted $XXXX for visibility items – up to $XX/person. Roy made a motion to increase the budget up to $XXXX. Keri seconded.

Action Item: Delores to coordinate with Stan ordering of promotional items. Stan will provide the links for suggested places to order from, for inspiration.

Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm. Tanya made a motion to adjourn, Roy seconded. Next meeting is to be held April 8th at 6pm. Venue TBA.