Meeting starts: 5:15 p.m.
In Attendance: Michael Kenny, Brian Hassall, Susan Amog-Hassall, Michelle Tran, Zul Nanji, Tom Iwinski, Andrew Wigmore, Abraham Garcia, April Chen, Andra Weis, Art Iwinski.
2. Agenda was provided in advance electronically. Michael asked if there are any other items to include to the agenda. There were no other items proposed. Michael put the motion to approve the agenda and seconded by Abraham. The agenda was approved.
3. The OCB Executives reviewed and discussed the OCB Annual General Meeting (AGM) Draft Minutes from 21 September 2022. After a short discussion there was a motion by Michael and seconded by Zul to approve the Minutes. The OCB AGM Draft Minutes were approved and will be emailed to PIPSC for translation and posting on the PIPSC website. Michael asked if there are any items from the Minutes to discuss. No item to discuss.
4. Michael declared that there was no other business arising from the Minutes to discuss.
5. Michael provided an update on 2022 PIPSC AGM. About 700 members attended the meeting. Michael declared meeting as a success with no organizational or technology problems. He also notified that small number individuals who were present at the 2022 PIPSC AGM, at the Centre Sheraton Montreal on November 18-19, 2022, has tested positive for COVID-19. He encouraged all OCB executives to monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms and to follow Public Health guidelines should the symptoms occur.
6. Treasurer’s report. Abraham provided a financial report and reminded the members to file claims for telecom expenses.
7. Committee Chairs provided Committees reports. However, the selection of the members of the Committees was not completed yet and updated list will be provided at the next Executive meeting. Education and Learning Committee, Susan informed about having retirement session. And she informed that it was very popular event. There are always more people registered than system allowed.
8. Michael asked Susan to provide an update for OCB Planning Session. She briefly discussed the Agenda for January 2023 meeting and expenses related to the accommodations for the OCB Executives.
9. Michael facilitated the discussion about the format of the next OCB meetings i.e., hybrid model, in-person or virtual. All agreed that the hybrid model (combining in-person with virtual) is the most desired at current circumstances.
10. Visibility, promotional and appreciation items have been discussed. All agreed that quality items should be preferable over dust-collectors. Andrew agreed to research the options and provide the suggestions before the next OCB Executive meeting.
11. Rand members discussion. The Rand Formula provides legislation that all members of trade unions must pay union dues regardless of the worker’s status. Michael declared requesting the list of Rand members to encourage them to sign up for the Union membership. Rand members are entitled to the benefits in their respective collective agreement basic union representation and protection. However, they are not entitled to participate in decision-making processes or priority setting.
11. Round table. Brian congratulated Michael for successfully conducting his first OCB Executive meeting as an OCB President.
There was no other business to be discussed.
12. Michael put a motion to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 7:26 p.m.