After intense negotiations, the University of Ottawa IT Professionals Group bargaining team is pleased to announce that we signed a tentative agreement with the Employer on Jan. 31, 2024, concluding this round of bargaining.

The UOITP membership must now ratify this agreement. You will receive instructions for the electronic vote by email.

In our previous round of negotiations, the Ontario government passed Bill 124, which froze salary increases at 1% per year. This legislation was found unconstitutional, which provided an opportunity for your bargaining team to negotiate additional increases allocated to those years impacted by Bill 124. 

Additional salary increases:

  • May 1, 2020: 1% 
  • May 1, 2021: 1.25%
  • May 1, 2022: 2%

Additional increases are retroactive for members and retirees who were in the employ of the University at the applicable time.May 1, 2023: 3.5%

Further to the increased salary negotiations, members will receive the following increases for the renewal of their current collective agreement:

  • May 1, 2024: 3%
  • May 1, 2025: 2.5%

Increases are retroactive for members and retirees who were in the employ of the University at the applicable time. 

Members will experience a total increase in their pay of 10.75% as of May 1, 2024, as well as an additional 2.5% on May 1, 2025 (bringing the total to 13.25%, excluding compounding). 

Your bargaining team achieved notable gains to your working conditions, including;

  • An increase in vacation accumulation between 15 and 25 years of service
  • An increase of the overtime meal allowance to $17 when working from the office
  • An increase of family obligations leave by an additional two (2) days; expanding this leave to include religious and relocation leave
  • Sick leave carryover for terms increased from 15 to 24 days.
  • Expansion of health care provider definition to include medical doctor or nurse practitioner
  • Expansion of the regularization process to temporary assignments
  • Designated time for union orientation of new employees
  • Improved parameters for representation and timeline in administrative or investigatory matters
  • Mandatory written reason provided to the employee for the denial of a professional development opportunity or telework request
  • Gender inclusion principles included in the collective agreement
  • Establishment of trial eligibility lists for hiring (pools)
  • Establishment of development programs (employer established) for applicants who do not meet the qualifications of a posting
  • Increased opportunities to access the federal government interchange program

Full agreement details will be provided in a ratification package, which will be posted to our group page shortly. Your bargaining team will also host an information session on March 8, 2024 at noon to discuss the details of this tentative agreement before the vote.

Voting dates are from noon March 8, 2024 to 4:00 p.m eastern time March 14, 2024. To ensure you receive all the notifications and electronic voting keys, ensure your email address is up-to-date

If you have any questions, please email your bargaining team at

Keep an eye on your email for updates!

In solidarity,

The UOITP Bargaining Team, PIPSC