50 Victoria Street SP sub-group
Minutes for executive meeting
Sept 16, 2021 – 12 to 1 pm
Present: Marcel Beaudoin, Jay Fothergill, Mary Murphy, Celine Fletcher, Maria Salazar, Adel El Hamad, Mazen Hijazi, Hassan Bayaa, Reginald Linco (left early)
Absent: Akid Azfar
Opening of meeting – Approval of Agenda
1 - Approval of agenda
2 - Approval of previous minutes
3 - PIPSC AGM
4 - SP AGM
5 - 50 Victoria St AGM
5a - Zoom on work laptops
5b - Email to subgroup members
6 - Bargaining update
7 - Ideas on spending money
8 - Drop in meeting
9 – TdT
10 - Next meeting date
- Approval of Agenda
- Marcel added Tour de Table (item 9 above)
- Approval of July 8th, 2021 executive meeting minutes
- Amount of $1100? Phoenix payout of $1000 plus $100 for delay.
- Previous Action items:
- Zoom on work computers: IT asked us please do not, as could cause problems. Please use Teams.
- Marcel email to members about AGM/elections: He has sent exec draft email.
- Re: SG5’s. Marcel copied what was received from Donald Lefevbre. Grievance is over, but review was started and then put on hold. No answers right now.
- PIPSC AGM
- Next one: 5-6 November. We should have received invitation email about delegates. We will find out about how many spots we have, as delegate/observer. Deadline is 15 October.
- Motion from SP Exec re: preventing retired members running (for BOD?) if active member in region. Retired members would have to approve this with 2/3 majority (no chance), so expected to rescind the motion.
- In previous years anyone could submit motions, but with virtual platform this has been limited.
- Beginning of October we’ll see motions.
- SP AGM
- 27th November at Delta in Ottawa. Hybrid format.
- Got request in early but made it clear that contingent on hybrid format.
- Cap? 50 attending including exec. Requires double vaccination.
- Info on call-out.
- More people going? By-laws stipulate numbers of attendees. NCR gets 19 delegates total. Would need modification to by-laws. Re: observers, we usually get two. We spent our own money to send in the past and PIPSC never charged us.
- Guest: an epidemiologist from U of O
- Motion: Marcel - two observers to attend, if in person, funded by 50 Victoria St. subgroup. Seconded: Celine. Approved.
- 50 Victoria AGM
- Discussion of guest speaker. Decided speaker should be separate from AGM as would eat up time.
- Going on assumption no one will run but should hold it for presenting budget. Other positions besides Pres and VP are up for election this year.
- Message from PIPSC: hold it if you want but, if not, figure it out later.
- Mary will draft budget – same as before.
- Enzo Barressi (Bargaining Coordinator) as possible speaker - could give updates on next round, who’s on bargaining team. Our contract expires in just over a year.
- PIPSC BOD discussing Central Table y/n?
- CS Group (soon IT Group) contract ends this year.
- Date? Late Nov./early Dec.
- Bargaining Update
- Suzelle Brosseau/David ?
- SP Exec meeting next week.
- Legally no more than four months after expiry.
- Survey to come around X-mas/spring. Bargaining beginning around spring 2023 is best guess.
- Ideas on spending money
- Postponed .
- Action: See Adel’s email on items. He will resend.
- Discussed need for it. AGM will serve same purpose, so can wait.
- In email, ask people if they have questions.
- Marcel: reach out to Enzo
- Marcel & Reg: topics for next meeting
- Round Table
- Next Meeting
- 27 October