50 Victoria St. Subgroup Executive Meeting May 25, 2022
Present: Marcel Beaudoin, Jay Fothergill, Akid Azfar, Hassan Bayaa, Mazen Hijazi, Mary Murphy
1 - Approval of Agenda
2 - Approval of Minutes- defer until next meeting as we don’t remember who took minutes last meeting (it was Mary).
3 - Reimbursement of meals at home
· Lunch can be reimbursed upon presentation of receipt to treasurer, but only if food is purchased, separate receipt.
· Details are still to come; Marcel will share when released.
4 - Subgroup Presidents Meeting
· All subgroups are struggling with engagement and using budget allocation with members not in the workplace
· Bargaining was discussed- surveys had high response rates compared to other years
· Members voted in favor of binding arbitration, not job action/strike to resolve disputes, and the Executive recommended this route.
5 - Bargaining Conference
· Celine attended
· Discussed strengths and weaknesses (SWOT analysis) of bargaining position, strengths ie health Canada employees involved with vaccine, border services working hard; weakness ie negative public view because public servants got to work at home during pandemic; analysed region by region; to provide guidance to bargaining team beyond their own viewpoints.
· Presentation summarizing survey results: vacation, family leave being used to care for family in a disproportionate amount by people other than white males.
6 - SP Group AGM
· June 4 at Lac Leamy, Mei Li and Edwin Wong are delegates; Celine observing; should be a link for all to watch remotely but not participate.
7 - Drop in session
· June 22 12-1, PIPSC to send email invitation and reminder.
· It will be via Google Meet
· Marcel will give introduction re: bargaining, then open for questions on any topic.
8 - PIPSC 2022 AGM
· Montreal Nov 18-20
· Respond to email from PIPSC to apply
9 - Topics for future L&Ls
· Everyone please come up with 2 ideas for next exec meeting- preferably at least one non-work-related
10 - Next date
· June 23rd