SH DND Sub-Group, Quebec Region
- Opening Remarks:
- The Sub Group President introduced herself. She informed members that the agenda and by-laws were available in the chat.
- Introduction of the current Executive members, and introduction of the guests Eric Massey and Denis Caissy.
- In attendance: Josée Girard, Sonia Richard, Sophie Lévesque, Renée Lessard, Julie Tremblay, Karine Régimbald and Sonia Richard from the Executive, 22 members of the Sub-Group and 2 guests: Eric Massey and Denis Caissy.
- Reading & approval of the agenda: Moved by Karine Régimbald, seconded by Sophie Lévesque.
- Reading and approval of the SH Sub-Group by-laws: Moved by Renée Lessard, seconded by Julie Tremblay.
- Elections of the Sub-Group Executive Officers:
- For the position of President: Karine Régimbald nominated Josée Girard, seconded by Julie Tremblay. There was no objection, and no one else applied for this position. Josée Girard was elected by acclamation for a two-year term.
- For the position of Vice-President: Renée Lessard nominated Sophie Lévesque, seconded by Julie Tremblay. There was no objection, and no one else applied for this position. Sophie Lévesque was elected by acclamation for a one-year term.
- For the position of Treasurer: Julie Tremblay nominated Renée Lessard, seconded by Sophie Lévesque. There was no objection, and no one else applied for this position. Renée Lessard was elected by acclamation for a two-year term.
- For the position of Secretary: Julie Tremblay nominated Karine Régimbald, seconded by Josée Girard. There was no objection, and no one else applied for this position. Karine Régimbald was elected by acclamation for a one-year term.
- 2 Director positions:
- Josée Girard nominated Sonia Richard, seconded by Renée Lessard. There was no objection, and no one else applied for this position. Sonia Richard was elected by acclamation to the position of Director for a two-year term.
- Josée Girard nominated Julie Tremblay, seconded by Karine Régimbald. There was no objection, and no one else applied for this position. Julie Tremblay was elected by acclamation to the position of Director for a one-year term.
- President’s Report: The President provided an overview of the creation of the Sub-Group. She tried to mobilize members to participate in the various committees in the Quebec region.
- Financial Statements: Renée Lessard presented the financial report of the Sub-Group. There is $3066.69 in the bank account, and $200 will be deducted for the AGM door prize draw, today.
- Action items from our guests:
- Eric Massey presented his role within the SH Group’s Bargaining Team, and gave us an update on this Bargaining Team. The Team tried to get the COVID-19 bonus for their members, without success. They were very pleased with the response to the survey on members’ priorities for upcoming negotiations. Key issues raised by members: Wages (wage catch-up for social workers, psychologists, pharmacists, nurses), work-family balance, domestic violence. The Team says they are very proactive and ready to go to arbitration to achieve the goals of their members. Several mobilization actions are coming up to support the Bargaining Team. Visibility items also serve to show the employer that employees are behind their Bargaining Team. The cost of living increase is one of the priority issues for the Bargaining Team and the PIPSC central bargaining table. Members can visit the SH Group page on the Institute’s website to see the status of the negotiations, including issues raised. Negotiations on the Wellness Program that was intended to replace our sick leaves are on ice and must be restarted from the beginning, following the change of government which has led to a change in the players in place. It is expected that the next round of bargaining will not be completed until 2023. Phoenix will be replaced in the next few years. Two systems are currently being tested in two different departments. When a choice is made, it will be implemented one department at a time. We don’t know when this will happen, but it cannot be done until the current payroll problem cases are resolved.
- Denis Caissy presented his role within the Department of National Defence as Vice Chair of the Regional Consultation with DND. He explained what is meant by labour relations: factors that will affect employees in their work environment. He is available to address labour relations issues at a regional level and, if necessary, at a national level, based on the members’ concerns. He explained that he is currently working on health services staffing issues that will be submitted to the national consultation team by next summer.
9. Miscellaneous: The draw for the door prizes, 4 gift cards of $50 each at Renaud Bray, will be held this week by Eric Massey and Denis Caissy. The names of the winners will be posted on the Sub-Group’s Facebook page, and the winners will receive their prize from their local delegate.
10. Adjournment: Josée Girard moved that the Annual General Meeting of the Quebec Region DND SH Sub-Group be adjourned. Sophie Lévesque seconded the motion