OSFI Bargaining Update #9 – COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT SIGNED
Your Bargaining Team is pleased to announce that the Collective Agreement was signed on August 27, 2019 by PIPSC President Debi Daviau. The information in the timeline below sets out important dates relating to implementation of the new Collective Agreement.
COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE
August 27, 2019 Collective Agreement Signed
Summaries of the negotiated changes in the Tentative Agreement can be found here: [Insert Link: https://www.pipsc.ca/groups/osfi/osfi-ratification-2019]
The following provisions take effect upon signature:
- Increased overtime meal expense reimbursement (8.08);
- Expanded definition of family for Bereavement Leave (16.02);
- Expanded definition of family for Leave Without Pay for Care of Family (17.07);
- Expanded definition of family for Leave With Pay for Family-Related Responsibilities (17.10);
- New paid Domestic Violence Leave of 75 hours should a member or their child be subject to domestic violence (17.18); and
- New Caregiver Leave provisions for members (17.19).
PIPSC is currently engaged in discussions with Treasury Board to determine the implementation timelines for improvements to the Maternity and Parental Leave Without Pay and Parental Allowance provisions (17.01 to 17.06). We hope to have more news concerning this in the coming weeks.
November 25, 2019 Implementation of Memorandums of Understanding
During negotiations the parties agreed to two Memorandums of Understanding, outside of the Collective Agreement, to establish committees to address concerns identified during negotiations.
As of November 25, 2019 (90 days after signing), the following committees are to be established:
- Special Working Committee to review concerns identified with respect to performance pay; and
- Special Working Committee to review concerns identified pertaining to Travel and Reimbursement of Meals.
February 23, 2020 Collective Agreement Implementation Deadline
As of February 23, 2020 (180 days after signing), the following provisions must have been be implemented, or 560 days in cases where manual processing is required. See below for further information*:
- Wage adjustment of 0.8% effective April 1, 2018;
- Economic increase of 2.0% effective April 1, 2018;
- Wage adjustment of 0.2% effective April 1, 2019;
- Economic increase of 2.0% effective April 1, 2019;
- Improvements to the Maternity Allowance, Parental Leave and Parental Allowance (17.01 to 17.06);
- Lump sum payment representing the percentage economic increase applicable to performance pay (Appendix D);
- Eliminate the performance pay overlap between meets expectations and surpassed expectations, by changing the range for surpassed expectations to 8-16% (Appendix D); and
- New MOU regarding extending the implementation period of the Collective Agreement from 90 days to 180 days, in return for a lump sum payment of $400 to each member on signing. (Appendix 5)
*If implementation is delayed beyond the February 23, 2020, 180 day deadline, affected members will receive further payments of $50 effective the 181st day and every 90 days thereafter to a maximum of $450. This particularly applies where compensation increases and retroactive payments require manual processing by compensation advisors.
April 1, 2020 Implementation of Economic Increase
- Economic increase of 1.5% effective April 1, 2020
April 1, 2021 Implementation of Economic Increase
- Economic increase of 1.5% effective April 1, 2021
Please contact any of our PIPSC union representatives if you have questions or would like more information concerning the collective agreement.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the OSFI leadership for their collaboration in reaching this agreement, and thank the PIPSC membership for your support throughout the bargaining process.
Your OSFI Bargaining Team