Minutes of the Informal Meeting with Yvon Brodeur
The Interim Executive Committee met on September 13, 2016, over lunch at the Rôtisserie St-Hubert in Val-Bélair for an informal meeting with Yvon Brodeur.
1. Call to Order
The informal meeting started at 11:40 a.m. Members present were Acting President Jean-Luc Bédard, Acting Vice-President Alain Janot, and Acting Secretary-Treasurer Jean-Sébastien Binette.
2. Purpose of the Informal Meeting
The purpose of the informal meeting was to obtain a little more information on how PIPSC, and particularly the Quebec Region, operates, since Yvon is the Quebec Regional Director.
The following topics were discussed:
- Yvon explained that PIPSC has a President, Ms. Daviau, 4 Vice-Presidents (2 of whom work full-time) and 10 regional directors (Yvon represents Quebec). There are 20 branches in Quebec, including 1 for the Québec City area. Réjean Michaud serves as President of the Québec City Branch.
- Bargaining process for collective agreements with Treasury Board
- How arbitration works
- Jean-Luc asked whether there is training for new Sub-Group Executive members. Yvon will find out what is available.
- Yvon mentioned that PIPSC will be holding its Annual General Meeting in Ottawa in November. If anyone wishes to attend, they must contact Philippe Ouimet, a member of the NR Group Executive.
- Yvon encouraged us to attend the Stewards Council meeting, which will be held from September 16 to 17 in Orford. But first he must check whether there are still spots available. Jean-Luc showed interest in attending.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:00 p.m.