NFB Bargaining Update #2 – COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT SIGNED
Your Bargaining Team is pleased to announce that the Collective Agreement was signed on August 28, 2019 by PIPSC President Debi Daviau, Government Film Commissioner and Chairperson Claude Joli-Coeur, Director General, Institutional, Legal and HR Services, François Tremblay, NFB PIPSC Group President Claude Lord and the NFB PIPSC bargaining team. The information in the timeline below sets out important dates relating to the implementation of the new Collective Agreement.
COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE
August 28, 2019 Collective Agreement Signed
Summaries of the negotiated changes in the Tentative Agreement can be found here: https://www.pipsc.ca/groups/nfb-pg/nfb-ratification-2019
The following provisions take effect upon signature:
- Broadening of immediate family definition in cases of Bereavement Leave With Pay (21.02), Leave Without Pay for the Care of Family (21.06) and Leave With Pay for Family -Related Responsibilities (21.09)
- New Caregiver Leave provisions for members (21.10).
- New paid Domestic Violence Leave of 75 hours should a member or their child be subject to domestic violence (21.13);
- Same Hours of Work definition for all levels (Art. 38);
- Overtime, including callback and stanby (in money or compensatory time) now applies for all levels (Art. 39). There is an exception for overtime worked outside of the headquarters area (39.02) or for social and cultural activities (39.03) who will be paid at straight time taken in compensatory time.
- Extended application of overtime meal (39.10); and
- Travelling time compensation calculation (39.10) including stop-over.
PIPSC is currently engaged in discussions with Treasury Board to determine the implementation timelines for improvements to the Maternity and Parental Leave without Pay and Parental Allowance provisions (24.01 to 24.06). We hope to have more news concerning this in the coming weeks.
February 24, 2020 Collective Agreement Implementation Deadline
As of February 24, 2020 (180 days after signing), the following provisions must have been implemented, or 560 days in cases where manual processing is required. See below for further information*:
- Economic increase of 2.0% retroactive from July 1, 2018
- Economic increase of 2.0 % retroactive from April 1, 2019
- Economic increase of 1.5% effective April 1, 2020
- Economic increase of 1.5% effective July 1, 2021
- Wage adjustment of 0.7 % retroactive from July 1, 2018 for all classifications
- Wage adjustment of 0.2 % retroactive from April 1, 2019 for all classifications
Other collective agreement benefits:
- Improvements to the Maternity Allowance, Parental Leave and Parental Allowance (24.01 to 24.06);
- Clarifications for overtime entitlements for part-time employees (44);
- New MOU regarding extending the implementation period of the Collective Agreement from 150 days to 180 days, in return for a lump sum payment of $400 to each member on signing. (Appendix G)
April 1, 2020: Implementation of Economic Increase
Economic Increase of 1.5% effective
July 1, 2021 Implementation of Economic Increase
Economic Increase of 1.5% effective July 1, 2021
*If implementation is delayed beyond the February 24, 2020, 180 day deadline, affected members will receive further payments of $50 effective the 181st day and every 150 days thereafter to a maximum of $450. This particularly applies where compensation increases and retroactive payments require manual processing by compensation advisors.
Implementation of new Memorandums of Understanding/Letters of Agreement:
August 28, 2019
- Continuation at the Treasury Board level of the work on the Support for Employee Wellness Program
- Collective Agreement Implementation Protocol (Appendix G)
- Update of NFB Policy on the Prevention and Resolution of Workplace Harassment and Violence (Appendix F)
- Make sure the exclusion for overtime worked outside of the headquarters area or for social and cultural activities are fair and well applied
- Revision of the collective agreement to favour inclusive and gender neutral language (Appendix H)
Please contact any of our PIPSC union representatives if you have questions or would like more information concerning the collective agreement.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the PIPSC membership for your support throughout the bargaining process.
Your NFB Bargaining Team / firstname.lastname@example.org