The National Elections Committee is mandated to conduct this year's elections to theNAV Canada Group executive. We are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- 3 member-at-Large – 3 year term
Submit your nomination by 4:00 PM ET, March 31, 2023 using the form below.
Members are encouraged to participate in this union leadership opportunity. Please disconnect from the government's VPN and use a personal device in order to ensure the form loads.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group bylaws : bylaw 7 Elections: article 7.1 to 7.11
Here is a summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by at least 2 Group members
- A biographical sketch must be submitted and limited to 200 words
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible
- If necessary, the Elections Committee will hold a vote
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- further the professional interests of the members
- protect the status and standards of our profession
- represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union
This is a voluntary role and the Group executive meets approximately 6 times per year.