St. John’s IT Subgroup Executive Meeting - August 24, 2023


The Rock, 5:00 pm


Present: Christine LeDrew, Craig Butler, Mike Lester, Tracey Locke, Scott Squires, Ranvir Rana, Adam Bennett, Gerard Grace, James Vey


The meeting was called to order at 5:30 pm by Christine LeDrew 


Motion to adopt agenda presented by Adam Bennett, Ranvir Rana seconded – All in favour motion carried.


Review and motion to accept St. John’s subgroup previous meeting minutes.


Tracey Locke presented motion to accept, Sherry Brown – All in favour motion carried.


Action Items



Finance Update – Sherry Brown

Finances are in good standing.


New Business

AGM Planning – Christine LeDrew

Tentative date of October 10 – 5:30 pm, Elks Club

Food, Pizza, and cookies, same as last year. 

Door prizes – 4 $25 gas cards and first-time attendee prize of a gift card.

Guest Speaker – TBD – Possibility of someone from IT Executive in the Atlantic – maybe Tamara Critch.

Election will be held, and the following position are up for election:

Vice president and Secretary as well as 3-member at large positions


Virtual Bargaining Information session – Christine LeDrew

We will hold off on ho9lding until the mediation session is completed on October 3-6


Family Day Event with SP group – Christine LeDrew

We will donate $200 to the event. It will take place on September 24th – North Bank Lodge – Pippy Park. Please spread the word and ask members to attend.


Labour Day Event – James Vey

The event is being held this year by the District Labour Council on September 4, 2023. The march will start at the Dominion Parking lot on Lake Avenue and finish at the Legion on the Boulevard. There will be a social at the Legion after the march. Please spread the word and make every effort to attend.


Union Swag – Christine LeDrew

We have T-shirts, Toques and Bandanas in stock.

We will delay ordering more until our next meeting after the AGM. 


Steward Recruitment and RANDS – Christine LeDrew

We still have 5 RAND’s, no change since last meeting.

We are always looking for Stewards. If you know of someone who is interested, please help them along to get the forms and application completed.


Bargaining Update – Christine LeDrew

There is a mediation session planned for October 3-6.


Tentative Meeting Schedule – Christine LeDrew

AGM Is set for October 10th.

Aiming for mid November for next executive meeting


Round Table

Scott Squires asked if we have a common storage area for subgroup files.

Christine will arrange for google drive access for the executive.

Scott Squires asked if they are close to a deal after the upcoming mediation session will there be another one immediately after.

Christine said no as they will need time to schedule it.


Action Items

Christine to arrange for Google drive access.


Motion to adjourn – Mike Lester, Scott Squires seconded. 

All in Favour – motion carried.

Meeting adjourned 7:45 PM