St. John’s CS Subgroup Executive Meeting
PSAC Boardroom - St. John’s
February 26, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Craig Butler, Steve Dillon, Christine Newhook, Lucille Shears, Gerard Grace, Terry Parrell, Scott Squires, James Vey

Tracey Locke, Sherry Brown

The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by Steve Dillon
Motion to adopt agenda (Terry Parrell moved, Gerard Grace second)
Review and motion to accept St. John’s subgroup previous meeting minutes
(Scott Squires moved, James Vey second)

Business Arising / Action Items


Financial Update – Tracey Locke

Steve, on behalf of Tracey provided an update on our financial situation.

New Business

PIPSC Awards Call for nominations – Steve Dillon

If you know of a steward or executive member you would like to nominate, please do so.

Steward recruitment – Steve Dillon

Please pass the word to your fellow CS’s to see if we generate interest in folks becoming stewards.

Branch AGM – April 10th – Steve Dillon

Debi Daviau is attending and will speak. Please make every effort to attend.

St. John’s Subgroup AGM – Steve Dillon

Last year’s lunch time meeting was a success so we will aim for a lunch time meeting again.

We are thinking May 8th or 15th at DFO. Lucille will arrange for a boardroom.
Steve will contact Stan Buday to arrange for someone to speak.

Round Table

Lucille gave a brief update on the way forward with the Grievance process on Contracts that affect CS jobs

Lucille also briefed us on the MOA teams work on the wording for Guidelines on Contracting which will be present to the Employer for discussions.

There is Subgroup presidents meeting in mid-March as well as a two day Bargaining Proposal meeting.

Meeting adjourned 6:30 PM – Lucille Shears moved and seconded by Steve Dillon