To all AU-CO-PG (AV Group) Members
AV FREDERICTON SUB-GROUP 2019 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING, BARGAINING UPDATE, ELECTIONS AND LUNCH
All PIPSC AV Fredericton Sub-Group members (AU, CO and PG with employment address in Fredericton and area) are cordially invited to attend and participate in the AV Fredericton Sub-Group
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Location: Brewbakers, 546 King Street, Fredericton (private room on second floor)
The Annual General Meeting is intended:
- To elect the positions of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and two (2) Member at Large positions. See By-Laws for the term of positions. Nominations will be made from the floor of the AGM on June 6, 2019.
- To approve the Subgroup budget for 2019
- To meet your local stewards / other PIPSC National Executive members and to have a dialogue with your Sub-Group executive members
- To better understand what your Sub-Group and the PIPSC National Office do for you;
- To get an update on current AV Group and PIPSC bargaining update from PIPSC bargaining team, and
- To ask questions about our Institute
Space is limited to thirty (30) participants. Please confirm your participation to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than C.O.B. June 4, 2019. Lunch will be served. The menu will be shared with those attending prior to the meeting.
- Roll Call (members of the Interim Sub-Group Executive)
- Approval of the Agenda
- Report of the Interim President
- Bargaining update from PIPSC team
- Annual Financial Report Treasurer
- Elections and Report of the Elections Committee:
- Address By-Law 4.1 changes required, in order to be compliant with Group By-Laws. See below.
Appointment of Elections Committee; turn meeting over to chair of the election committee
Election of Sub-Group Executive, including confirmation of by-laws. See By-Law change attached:
4.1 All members shall be eligible to
hold office, nominate members for positions on the Sub-Group Executive, propose amendments to the Constitution and By-Laws of the Sub-Group, and vote in Sub-Group affairs. Only Regular members shall be eligible to hold office.