Notice of Commerce, and Purchasing Group (AV)
2020 Annual General Meeting and Call for Delegates, held virtually via Video Conference
updated on November 27, 2020
In accordance with the AV Group By-Laws, the AV Group will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) this year virtually via video conference. on Saturday, November 28, 2020 from 1pm to 4pm EST.
Delegates from the 6 Regions, BC/Yukon, Prairie/NWT, Ontario, National Capital Region, Quebec and the Atlantic, are now being invited. If you wish to be considered for delegate status you must complete the Cvent pre-registration delegate form sent to you by email. Should you experience any issues accessing the form, kindly contact Marie Ammais at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-691-4737.
The deadline for receipt of delegate applications is 4:00 pm Friday November 6, 2020 4PM (EST)
The AGM is the Group’s supreme governing body. At the AGM, reports from the members of the Group Executive will be presented and Group business affairs will be discussed. The AGM is also an opportunity for members to write in their questions in advance, meet among members, exchange views with elected representatives and be briefed on union matters in general.
This notice to all AV Group Members is to seek applications from members who wish to be delegates to this year’s AGM. Delegates are chosen by the Group Executive in accordance with the Group’s By-Laws and Institute policy;
18.104.22.168The delegates in each Region shall be nominated by the Group Executive Officer of the respective area in consultation with the Sub-Groups of the respective areas, considering Sub-Group populations and degree of member involvement in workplace and Group activities And Group Regulation R22.214.171.124 Delegates;
In the selection of delegates, the Executive shall consider the following:
a) being a Steward;
b) the involvement of the member in union activities at his/her workplace;
c) the Sub-Group representation;
d) and the < relève > (or applicants’ history of active Union participation)
The delegates are chosen to ensure fair regional and departmental distribution. Once selection of delegates is finalized, the selected members will be notified via email.
8.1.2 The Group Executive shall call an Annual General Meeting of the Group once each calendar year. The interval between such meetings shall not exceed fifteen (15) months. Members shall be notified of the meeting and of any proposed changes to this constitution at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of the meeting.
8.1.7 Resolutions the Annual General Meeting shall consider and vote on resolutions presented to it. Resolutions shall be referred to the Group Executive for action or to the Institute for consideration.
If there are any amendments or new resolutions being proposed, a hardcopy will be given to all attendees at the AGM.
Please note that before the amended By-Laws or new resolutions come into effect, they must be reviewed by Group Executive and PIPSC By-Laws and Policy Committee, and also need to be approved by the PIPSC Board of Directors.
The Group Executive looks forward to a very successful AGM and encourages members to consider applying for delegate status at the 2020 AV Group AGM.
In accordance with article 8.1.5 Agenda: the agenda shall include the following items:
- Roll Call (members of the Group Executive)
- Approval of the Agenda
- Adoption of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- Report of the President
- Annual Financial Report
- Approval of Budget
- Report of the Elections Committee
- New Business, including proposed By-Law amendments.
- Canada National Anthem
- Moment of Silence for our fellow PIPSC Members and our loved ones that have passed away during the year
- Territorial Lands Statement – Andree Doucet
- Reading of PIPSC Harassment Policy – Andree Doucet
- AGM Roll Call – Peter Gabriel
Introduction of Commerce and Purchasing Group (CP) Executive and our Guests
Welcome by the Group President Peter Gabriel
Guest Speaker - PIPSC National President Debi Daviau
- AGM proceedings begin. AGM Called to Order. President Peter Gabriel hands the AGM to Chair Scott McConaghy (PIPSC By-Law and Policy Executive Committee Member, Parliamentarian) and CP AGM Parliamentarian Nancy McCune (PIPSC Board of Director Prairie / NWT Region and also By-Law and Policy Chair)
- Rules of Procedure & Approval of the Agenda
- Adoption of the Draft Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting 2019
Business Arising from the AGM 2019 Minutes; 2 Resolutions from 2019 AGM to be presented :
- Resolution regarding CO and PG creating their own Bargaining Group will be presented by Peter Gabriel at 1:40pm (see google AGM drive)
- Audit Report Resolution to be presented at 2:00pm Jason Huang/Andree Doucet (see google AGM drive)
1:40pm President’s Report - Peter Gabriel
2:00pm to 2:30pm Financial Report - Treasurer Jason Huang
- Annual Financial Report 2019 Actuals
- Approval of proposed Budget 2020-2021
- Resolution Audit Report 2018-2019 Calendar Years - Jason Huang and Andree Doucet
Health Break – 10 minutes
2:30pm – 2:40pm CP Logo Contest – Olivia Leung, Executive Member, online voting
2:40pm – 3:55pm By-Laws Amendments and Resolutions
3:55pm - 4:00pm Concluding Remarks/Adjournment
To access the virtual binder, click here!