PIPSC AFS Kelowna Subgroup
June 24, 2021
Meeting called to order at 12:00, via zoom by President, Gwil Walters.
Present: Gwil Walters, David Aliverti, Natalee Guttman, and Rob Hubbard
Absent: Cathy Harrison
- President’s Report –Gwil Walters
Gwil provided an update as follows:
- Classification study released in February, 2021.
- No progress regarding the Employee Wellness Support Program (“EWSP”)
- Qualifying members should have received their CPA dues reimbursements. Stewards should bring forward any concerns regarding CPA reimbursements.
- AFS AGM is planned for the last weekend in October 2021.
- Secretary’s Report – Natalee Guttman
Natalee Guttman provided an update regarding the current finances.
- Review of Minutes from February 24,2021
Motion made by Natalee Guttman and second by David Aliverti to accept the minutes from February 24, 2021. The motion was carried.
- Retirement of Harinder Mahil
Motion made by Natalee Guttman and Second by Rob Hubbard to contribute $100 for a retirement gift from the BC/Yukon Region in recognition of Harinder Mahil’s, contributions as our Regional Team Leader. The motion was carried.
- AFS Group Executive Election Results
Doug Mason was re-elected as President of the AFS Group Executive
- Me-Too Clause
Members should expect to receive their me-too clause money in the first quarter of 2022.
- Local Subgroup AGM
The executive commenced the initial discussions to plan for the fall AGM. Topic tabled until September 2021.
- Round Table
There was a brief discussion on:
- OHS Update by David Aliverti;
- Steward availability over the summer months;
- AFS PIPSC
- Covid Vaccinations.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:30. Next Meeting TBD