PIPSC AFS Kelowna Subgroup
February 24, 2021
Meeting called to order at 12:00, via zoom by President, Gwil Walters.
Present: Gwil Walters, David Aliverti, Natalee Guttman, and Rob Hubbard
Absent: Cathy Harrison
- Review of Minutes from December 15, 2020
Motion made by Natalee Guttman to accept the minutes from December 15, 2020. The motion was carried.
- Approval of 2020 Financial Statements
Motion made by Natalee Guttman to accept the 2020 Financial Statements. Natalee Guttman gave a brief financial update. The motion was carried.
- Executive Positions
Motion made by Gwil Walters to extend the term of all members of the Executive until such time as an AGM can be held. The Executive will revisit the terms of all executive members in the fall of 2021. The motion was carried.
- President’s Report –Gwil Walters
Gwil reminded the Executive on upcoming training opportunities for PIPSC stewards, and he provided an update from the regional representative as follows:
- PIPSC continues discussions with the employer regarding the revisions to the classification for PIPSC members; and
- cash out of pay for PIPSC members in excess of 262.50 hours continues to be a hot topic.
- Hours of Work
Hours of work are specified in the Agreement between the CRA and PIPSC. Article 8.02(a).
- Round Table
There was a brief discussion on:
- procedures for grievances in lieu of signatures as a result of Covid19 restrictions; and
- ongoing pay concerns affecting members on acting assignments.
- Action Items
- Revisit the terms of all members of the Executive in fall, 2021.
- Natalee Guttman to submit request for Kelowna AFS annual allocations.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:30. Next M