Life Membership Award - Guidelines And Nomination Form
Life Membership is a onetime award that recognizes outstanding service of enduring value to the Institute by Regular and Retired members of the Institute who have demonstrated leadership over a period of at least ten (10) years.
Care must be taken to ensure that only the most deserving are recommended for Life Membership. The Nominators should consider what the Nominee has accomplished to be set apart from others and which service is considered to be above and beyond that which might be expected of any devoted member. The fact that the Nominee has held many or all of the normal offices and has fulfilled these offices well and faithfully is not in itself sufficient to warrant a recommendation for the Institute Life Membership Award. It is expected that those who accept PIPSC offices will put as much of themselves and their time into the job as their day-to-day activities will allow.
The membership strength of the Group, Sub-Group, Branch, and Region may be indicated, as services in a small or large community may have some bearing in the evaluation by the Panel of Judges.
It is expected that a person would normally have received an Institute Service Award before an Institute Life Membership Award, although this is not a strict requirement.
The Nominators should assume that the Panel of Judges has only the completed Nomination Form on which to base its decision to approve or not. Therefore specific references, details, and dates concerning the outstanding service must be provided.
The attached Nomination Form should be read and used in conjunction with PIPSC By-Law 26.2, Regulation 26.2 and the following requirements and criteria.
1. The Nominee must be a Regular or Retired Member of the Institute.
2. The Nominee must have provided an outstanding service of enduring value to the Institute and demonstrated leadership for a period of at least ten (10) years.
3. A minimum of six (6) Nominators are required and they must be Regular or Retired members of PIPSC in good standing.
4. The Nomination Form must be completed as thoroughly as possible and should not exceed 1200 words (incomplete nominations will be returned to the Nominators for completion or will not be considered).
5. Supplemental information in support of the nomination may be attached to the completed Nomination Form.
6. The completed and signed Nomination Form must be received by the Institute no later than August 16, 2019 at 5 p.m. (Ottawa Time).
Nominee for PIPSC Life Membership
A. List of PIPSC positions held and/or membership in PIPSC committees (provide dates).
B. Description of Outstanding Service of Enduring Value to the Institute
- A summary of the distinguished nature of the Nominee's sustained and conspicuous service to PIPSC;
- A clear indication of the time (including dates) and quality of service given by the Nominee;
- Specific example(s);
- An explanation of why this is considered an "Outstanding Service of enduring value”, and a description of how the Nominee's accomplishment(s) benefited the Institute.
C. Description of leadership being demonstrated for at least ten years (including dates).
- Provide clear and concise examples of deeds, and practices that describe the Nominee's ability to lead individual (s) and/or group(s) to better performance in their respective role(s);
- Demonstrate how the Nominee's leadership skills are notable and how other members and PIPSC have benefited as a result;
- If applicable, reference attributes such as values and ethics, initiative, accountability, teamwork and powerful outcomes;
- If desired, provide short ‘witness’ descriptions of impact.
D. List of PIPSC Awards previously received (provide dates).
E. Preparation of a Citation (optional and not included in the word count)
The Nominators may prepare a brief citation that will be used if and when the Life Membership Award is presented to the Nominee.
F. Nominators (a minimum of six (6) members in good standing is required)
Name / Phone Number / Email Address / Signature / Date
1 Lead Nominator:
Thank you for submitting this nomination. The Lead Nominator will be contacted if further information is required by the Awards Panel.
The completed and signed Nomination Form must be received by the PIPSC Executive Secretary no later than August 16, 2019 at 5 p.m. (Ottawa Time).
The mailing address is:
The Executive Secretary
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
250 Tremblay Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3J8
Nominations may also be sent by email to Institute_Awards@pipsc.ca or by fax at the following number: 1-800-465-7477.