Life Membership Award – Guidelines and Nomination Form
Life Membership is a onetime award that recognizes outstanding service of enduring value to the Institute by regular and retired members of the Institute who have demonstrated leadership over a period of at least ten (10) years.
Care must be taken to ensure that only the most deserving are recommended for Life Membership. The Nominators should consider what the Nominee has accomplished to be set apart from others and which service is considered to be above and beyond that which might be expected of any devoted member. The fact that the Nominee has held many or all of the normal offices and has fulfilled these offices well and faithfully is not in itself sufficient to warrant a recommendation for the Institute Life Membership Award. It is expected that those who accept PIPSC offices will put as much of themselves and their time into the job as their day-to-day activities will allow.
The membership strength of the Group, Sub-Group, Branch, and Region may be indicated, as services in a small or large community may have some bearing in the evaluation by the Panel of Judges.
It is expected that a person would normally have received an Institute Service Award before an Institute Life Membership Award, although this is not a strict requirement.
The Nominators should assume that the Panel of Judges has only the completed Nomination Form on which to base its decision to approve or not. Therefore specific references, details, and dates concerning the outstanding service must be provided.
The attached Nomination Form should be read and used in conjunction with PIPSC By-Law 26.2, Regulation 26.2 and the following requirements and criteria.
1. The Nominee must be a Regular or Retired Member of the Institute.
2. The Nominee must have provided an outstanding service of enduring value to the Institute and demonstrated leadership for a period of at least ten (10) years.
3. A minimum of six (6) Nominators are required and they must be Regular or Retired members of PIPSC in good standing.
4. The Nomination Form must be completed as thoroughly as possible and should not exceed 1200 words (incomplete nominations will be returned to the Nominators for completion or will not be considered).
5. Supplemental information in support of the nomination may be attached to the completed Nomination Form.
6. The completed and signed Nomination Form must be received by the Institute no later than September 2 at 5 p.m. (Ottawa Time).
Nominations may also be sent by email to email@example.com or by fax to 1-800-465-7477.