DATE :                      Thursday, December 12th 2019

HEURE :                   5:30 PM


8245, boul. Taschereau

Brossard, Qc (450 443 0323)



Your 10th Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday, December 12th 2019 beginning at 5:30 PM.

As the number of places available for the dinner is limited, we urge you to confirm your presence for the supper by informing the Secretary Giovanni Giolti ( before December 2nd, 2019.

A confirmation email will be sent to you at the latest by December 3rd, 2018.  The meal and consumption will be offered by the Montérégie Branch.

You will find at the Institute’s site (Quebec Region Branches/Monteregie):

These documents will be available in electronic format only.

Please read them prior to the meeting.

From your Executive

Montérégie Branch

Montérégie Branch Executives


10th Annual General Meeting of Montérégie Branch

December 12th 2018,  5 :30 PM.

Place : Restaurant Casa Grecque,

8245, boul. Taschereau, Brossard, Qc (450 443 0323)


  1. Call to order and amendments to the agenda,
  2. Branch Executive members,
  3. Approval of Agenda,
  4. Adoption of the 2018 AGM Minutes (see below) and business arising thereof.
  5. President’s report – Hugues Vanasse
  6. Annual Financial Report – Manon Duchesne
  7. Elections and Report of the Chair of the Elections Committee – Marc Letourneau.
  8. Introduction of the New Executive members
  9. Other business,
  10. Adjournment
  11. Guest Speakers:
    1. Philippe Turcq, Fonds de Solidarité FTQ,
    2. Steve Parent, PIPSC AFS Group Regional Representative,
    3. Sandra Guéric, Employment Relations Officer,



Call for Nominations

Pursuant to articles 4 and 7 of the Montérégie Branch By-Laws, be advised that Branch Executive positions (Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and three (3) Members-at-Large) will be filled through an election at the 2019 Annual General Meeting to be held on December 12th, 2018.

In order to expedite proceedings during the AGM, nominations must be submitted in writing (a simple email) by 5 p.m. on December 2nd, 2019. Each nomination must be made by a member in good standing and seconded by another member in good standing. Written nominations must be sent to the Chair of the Election Committee, Marc Letourneau ( see the nomination form. Members whose nominations have been submitted in writing and who cannot make it to the 2019 AGM must advise the Election Committee in writing of their interest in the position for which they were nominated.

From your Executive

Montérégie Branch



Montérégie Branch AGM Minutes—November 22, 2018


  1. Call to order:

H. Vanasse, President, called the meeting to order at 6:10 p.m. and welcomed the Branch members

and guests. He mentioned that Yvon Brodeur, Quebec Regional Director, sent his regrets.

  1. Introduction of guests:

H. Vanasse took the opportunity to introduce the other guests for the evening: Stéphane Aubry, PIPSC part-time VP, Steve Parent, PIPSC AFS Group Regional Representative, Frederic Durso, ERO and Sandra Guéric, ERO.


  1. Introduction of Interim Executive:

*Hugues Vanasse                                                                 President

Lucie Dubé                                                                               Vice-President

Manon Duchesne                                                                 Treasurer

Giovanni Giolti                                                                        Secretary

Francine Carrier                                                                     Member-at-Large

*Ghislain Biron (in absentia)                                                            Member-at-Large

Fethi Boutaleb                                                                        Member-at-Large

Karina Forgues                                                                       Member-at-Large

*Stephane Boyer                                                                  Member-at-Large

*Steve Parent                                                                        Member-at-Large

*Vacant                                                                                     Member-at-Large


* available positions for election

  1. Approval of the agenda:

Moved by Stéphane Boyer, seconded by Elisabeth Barbe.


  1. Adoption of 2017 AGM Minutes:

Moved by Steve Parent, seconded by Lucie Dubé.


  1. President Report:

H. Vanasse summarized some of the Branch activities that took place during the year.  He mentioned the BBQ at the ASC, the Scientific Integrity Meeting at the ASC, the retreat session for all Branch members and a forthcoming activity for all those actively involved in the Branch.

  1. Presentation of financial statements as of December 31, 2017 and the 2018 budget:

Mrs. Manon Duchesne, Treasurer of the Montérégie Branch, being absent, the Secretary presented the financial statements.

Clarification was requested on training and associated costs. 

The Secretary explained that the retirement information session given to 25 Branch members had to be held in a room rented at Dix30 because the United Steelworkers’ (USW) space normally used was not available.  The cost of the room was higher than usual.

The financial statements are adopted. Moved by Giovanni Giolti, seconded by Philippe Ouimet.


  1. Elections:

Mr. Mario Lamarre being absent, Giovanni Giolti, Secretary, presented the positions opened for election. Having received the nominations and checked the candidate eligibility for four of the five vacant positions, he asked the floor if there were any candidates willing to complete the executive.  Mr. Ahmed Awad of RNC volunteered and the candidates were elected by acclamation. 


  1. Introduction of the new Executive:

Hugues Vanasse                                                                    President                           (re-elected)

Lucie Dubé                                                                               Vice-President

Manon Duchesne                                                                  Treasurer           

Giovanni Giolti                                                                        Secrétaire          

Francine Carrier                                                                     Member-at-Large

Maya El-Haraké                                                                      Member-at-Large           (elected)

Fethi Boutaleb                                                                        Member-at-Large          

Ngatiré Djabé                                                                         Member-at-Large           (elected)

Ahmed Awad                                                                          Member-at-Large           (elected)

Steve Parent                                                                           Member-at-Large           (re-elected)

Karina Forgues                                                                       Member-at-Large          


  1. Amendments to the By-Laws:

Steve Parent took the floor to review the wording of the proposed By-Laws amendment

posted on the Institute’s website for consultation with members. Members have no questions, the

amendments to the bylaws are accepted by a majority with some abstentions.


  1. Adjournment

H. Vanasse thanks all the executive members, guests, and members who participated in the AGM this year.


The meeting was adjourned at 7:00 p. m.

Moved by Hugues Vanasse, seconded by Giovanni Giolti.


  1. Guests’ speeches

Stéphane Aubry: Stéphane spoke about scientific integrity and what the Institute is doing to support this approach. He also discussed tax fairness and this resonated very well with our CRA members (many comments on this subject). Finally, he also told us about Phoenix and the new system that the Institute and the government, together, want to find.


Steve Parent: Among the items presented by Steve was the last round of negotiations, which was long.  He hopes it will be shorter this time.  Phoenix’s problems affected 16% of CRA members compared to 74% of the rest of the public service.  He mentioned the staffing of a few externally available positions when there are clearly capable people internally.  There were some questions and suggestions for an anonymous online petition.  Steve mentioned that there cannot be anonymous petition in these cases.Finally, he ends with the status quo for official languages for supervisors.


Sandra Guéric: Sandra told us about a recent FPSLREB decision issued on August 29.

 2018 (Public Service Alliance v. Treasury Board—Department of Citizenship and Immigration, 2018 FPSLREB 74).

The decision included the new provision in our collective agreements dealing with voluntary leaving programs in case of workforce adjustment. The arbitrator confirmed that whether it is a question of job cuts or the relocation of a work unit as was the case in this decision, the Employer has an obligation to implement a voluntary leaving program and to give the selected volunteers access to options.


A short question and answer period followed the presentation.


Frédéric Durso: Frédéric summarized a judgment rendered by the Superior Court of

Quebec, which granted in part the Union of Canadian Correctional Officers (UCCO) requests, that certain issues traditionally excluded from collective bargaining in the federal public sector, such as staffing and the pension plan, be brought to the table in future rounds of bargaining.


A short question and answer period followed.