Downtown Ottawa members won’t lose pay due to ongoing protests

If you’re affected by the ongoing convoy protest in downtown Ottawa, your safety is the utmost priority.

If your worksite is in the protest zone, try and arrange safe work arrangements with your manager. If you are required to enter the downtown Ottawa protest zone, but you are still unable to safely access your office, your manager can consider using “Other Leave with Pay” (Code 699), for paid leave during this exceptional time.

If needed, you can retroactively use Code 699.

These instructions were sent to managers following discussions between PIPSC and the Treasury Board. If you’re unsure if you need to use Code 699 due your worksite being inaccessible, contact a steward in your workplace.