National Steward Officer
We’re looking for a National Steward Officer (NSO) to take on an important new role as a key resource for all stewards starting in January 2023. This is a one-year commitment, with the possibility of renewal.
The NSO is a fully liberated steward who will act as the main point of contact with stewards for onboarding, training and development. They’ll improve the steward experience and engagement on a national level.
- At least 5 years of experience as a steward
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy (extreme comfort working in an online environment);
- Demonstrated experience as an active steward through engagement in member activities, issues and with PIPSC staff
- Strong organization skills to understand and identify relevant information within complex channels
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence and engage a diverse group of people
- Experience conducting research and analysis of data sets using a variety of information gathering tools
- Experience building beginning-to-end processes with the intent to share information and resources
- Willingness and ability to explore and learn new software applications as required
- Strong understanding of PIPSC and our values
- Familiarity with online resource-sharing tools
- Experience building a network of connections across an organization to develop and foster relationships
Travel may be required as part of this role. The NSO will receive salary reimbursement, including benefits and employer pension contributions.
If you’re interested in applying, send your cover letter, résumé and a reference from an Employment Relations Officer to NSO@pipsc.ca by September 23, 2022.
Feel free to contact NSO@pipsc.ca if you have questions.