Services and support

Your collective agreement allows you to take time to care for yourself and those around you. In addition to your collective agreement, there are supports and resources available to you that can help during challenging times. 

Employee and Family Assistance Program

Your Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP, also commonly referred to as EAP) is available to you any time – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – to support you through challenges you might be facing at home or at work.

Learn more about your Employee and Family Assistance Program.

Financial aid 

If you are planning to take leave without pay (LWOP), you may be eligible for programs to support you financially during your leave.

Employment Insurance (EI) caregiving benefits

Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)

Domestic violence 

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, these supports can provide additional information on how to seek help, find programs and support in your area.

Domestic violence at work resource centre (Canadian Labour Congress)

Find family violence resources and services in your area (Government of Canada)

Women's Shelters Canada

Canadian Women's Foundation

Shelter Safe 

PIPSC resources

If you are still unsure about what type of leave you are able to access to care for yourself or your loved ones, PIPSC is here to help. You can contact your steward or a member of our team to answer your questions.


Contact a steward