Nova Scotia Chapter
Executive Minutes and Strategic Planning Session
N. S. CHAPTER Jan. 24, 2019
In attendance: Gary Legassie President Noel White Treasurer
Don Eldershaw Secretary & Communications
Anne Sheridan Member at Large
Brian Wolfe Member at Large
Guest: Pat Morris
Meeting held at Smitty’s Main St. Dartmouth 12:30 pm
No agenda as the purpose of the meeting was mainly to confirm Gary Legassie as the president of the Nova Scotia Chapter. Gary was nominated at the Chapter AGM but reserved his acceptance so as to consider if he wished to accept the nomination. There were no other nominees for the position.
Gary presented his outline on how the Chapter should proceed for the year 2019.
Financial report: Noel presented the financial report. Current finances are in good standing.
A president’s plan for the year ahead.
1. Minutes of meetings should be posted to the PIPSC web site within a week in order to keep members up to date on Chapter activities.
2. Minutes of the previous year to be sent to the president.
3. The president email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Pension reform. Brian Wolfe to investigate the current and future plans for retirees.
5. Members to be email/contacted to keep them apprised of RMG activities.
6. Confer with the past president on the value of the RMG.
7. Contact PIPSC Ottawa for update on pension reform.
8. Check with government departments to discover which have pre-retirement courses.
B Noel White to continue attempts to book a skating rink for a joint activity with the DND and Halifax branches. Joint ventures will allow the RMG to promote and encourage membership.
C Don to contact the Regional Office of PIPSC regarding notices to members on activities (seasonal event)
Meeting adjourned at 2:00 PM. Next meeting May 2 site and time to be determined