24 May 17
ANNAPOLIS VALLEY CS SUB-GROUP
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD 24 May 2017 AT 1700 HRS
Members in Attendance:
Eva Henshaw, President
Jonathan Tweedie, Vice-President
Erika Best, Treasurer/Secretary
Twelve CS Members
Guests: CS Group President, Stan Buday
Steward Officer, Lucille Shears
1. Eva Henshaw called the meeting to order at 1700 hrs.
2. President welcomed all present and introduced Stan Buday and Lucille Shears as guests. Previous minutes were reviewed. Acceptances of the previous minutes were moved by Dave Kohli, seconded by Jonathan Tweedie. Accepted.
3. PRESIDENT REPORT. Eva Henshaw presented the year’s report on activities to all for review and acceptance. Acceptance was moved by Dave Kohli, seconded by Harry Vincent. Nil opposed.
4. TREASURER/SECRETARY REPORT. Erika Best presented the year’s treasurer report to all for review and acceptance. Acceptance was moved by Harry Vincent, seconded by Marcel Journeay. Nil Opposed. Secretarial items were briefed. The allotment of our CS sub-group and discussion on membership numbers were discussed.
5. NEW BUSINESS
a. Executive Elections. Eva Henshaw ran the election. The floor was opened to new nominations. Eva was nominated by Jonathan Tweedie, she accepted. Jonathan Tweedie was nominated for Vice-President by Eva Henshaw, he accepted. Eva Henshaw nominated Erika Best for the position of Treasurer/Secretary, she accepted. The following consists of the Annapolis Valley CS Sub-Group Executive for 2017: President : Eva Henshaw Vice-President: Jonathan Tweedie Treasurer/Secretary: Erika Best
b. CS GROUP PRESIDENT SPEECH. Stan Buday discussed: (1) Discussed tentative agreement, sick leave, contracting out and pensions.
6. OPEN DISCUSSION.
7. ADJOURNMENT. Adjournment of the meeting was motioned by Eva Henshaw, seconded by Matthew Rodman at 1900 hrs.
PIPSC Region Halifax