TITLE : REMINDER : NOTICE OF 2023 AGM AND ELECTION FOR MONTREAL CP SUB-GROUP -
DATE: Thursday, May 25, 2023
TIME: 5:30 PM
LOCATION: Restaurant L’Académie, 2100 Crescent Street in Montreal
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The 2023 Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday, May 25 at 5:30 PM.
As places for dinner are limited, please RSVP as soon as possible or no later than May 12, 2023, by email to Yanick Poulin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A confirmation email will be sent no later than May 15, 2023.
Please note this is a “Bring You Own Wine” restaurant.
Meals and two (2) drinks will be offered by your Montreal CP Sub-Group.
The following documents are only available in electronic versions and can be accessed on PIPSC's website (see link under the list of documents)
- 2023 AGM Agenda
- Pending Minutes of the 2022 AGM
- Call for nominations for available positions on the executive
Link to access the documents: https://pipsc.ca/groups/cp/subgroups/cp-montreal
In order to speed up the process during the AGM, we invite you to read the documents before the meeting.
- Opening and amendment of the Agenda
- Roll call (introduction of Sub-Group executive members and guests)
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Approval of the 2022 AGM Minutes and matters arising from the Minutes
- President's Report – Yanick Poulin
- Annual Financial Report – Alexandre Gentile
- Elections and Report of the President of the Election Committee – Yanick Poulin
- Presentation of the new executive
10. Closing of the meeting
Speeches by our guests before and after the AGM :
- Stéphanie Fréchette, Vice-president of PIPSC
- Andrée Doucet, President and member of the Negotiation Team of CP Group
- Lyne Larocque, Quebec Region representative and member of Negotiation Team
- Pierre Potvin, President and Director of the Quebec Region
- Me Frédéric Durso, Labor Relations Officer
NOTICE OF ELECTION
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Pursuant to Sections 4 and 7 of the Montreal CP Sub-Group Bylaws, be advised that the following positions of the Montreal CP Sub-Group Executive will be filled by election at the 2023 Annual General Meeting on May 25, 2023:
- Vice-president: currently held by Julie Mercier;
- Secretary: currently held by Isabelle Gagné;
- Active members: 5 positions available including two currently occupied by Evangelis Costamis and Shemin Mawji.
In order to expedite proceedings during the AGM, nominations must be submitted in writing (a simple email) by 5:00 PM on May 24, 2023.
Each nomination must be made by a member in good standing and seconded by another member in good standing.
Written nominations must be sent to the Chair of the Election Committee, Yanick Poulin, at email@example.com.
Members whose nominations have been submitted in writing and who cannot make it to the 2023 AGM must advise the Election Committee in writing of their interest in the position for which they were nominated and provide the following information:
- your name;
- the position for which you are applying;
- the names of two Montreal CP Sub-Group members supporting your nomination;
- a short presentation of yourself and motivations (not mandatory)
Note: In this Call for Applications, the masculine generic is used without discrimination to facilitate reading.
From your Montreal CP Sub-Group Executive
*** Following many difficulties in reaching all of our members, PLEASE update your contact information and ESPECIALLY, register a personal email address due to the employer's anti-spam filters blocking messages from PIPSC for many of our members.
Link to update your contact information: https://pipsc.ca/member-tools/change-of-address
Link to your Executives: https://pipsc.ca/groups/cp/subgroups/cp-montreal/executive
Link to your Facebook Page: