The CFIA-IN bargaining team is very pleased to announce that a tentative agreement was signed with the CFIA on August 11, 2020. This completes a round of negotiations originally scheduled for March, prior to the pandemic.
The agreement will cover 4 years, expiring on May 31, 2022.
The agreement includes:
General economic increase over 4 years: 7%
- 2% increase as of June 1, 2018
- 2% increase as of June 1, 2019
- 1.5% increase as of June 1, 2020
- 1.5% increase as of June 1, 2021
Additional group-specific economic increase:
- 0.8% increase as of June 1, 2018
- 0.2% increase as of June 1, 2019
- Lump sum of $500 for extended implementation timeline (up to 180 days) and further penalties for late implementation
- Expansion to all family definitions to include a person who stands in the place of a relative
- 10 paid days of leave for victims of domestic violence
- More leave for the care of immediate family
- Improvements and updates to parental leave and allowance to provide for the new extended option under Employment Insurance
- A commitment to developing a policy on workplace harassment in consultation with PIPSC
- An agreement about the Employee Wellness Support Program
- A commitment to update collective agreements with gender-inclusive language
Regular members will be invited to vote on this new agreement in the coming weeks. Voting dates will be announced shortly.
Members will receive a detailed ratification package with all the changes highlighted. Please take the time to read and understand all the changes. The bargaining team will also be hosting virtual town halls to answer questions on the tentative agreement.
The bargaining team appreciates all the support and interest members took in this round of negotiations. Keep an eye on your email or the group page for updates.