CFIA Scientific & Analytical Group – Annual General Meeting 2018

Monday December 17, 2018 – 12:00 AM to 1:23 PM

Marconi Centre – 1026 Baseline Road, Ottawa, ON


Chair: Sean O’Reilly (PIPSC)

Stéphanie Fréchette (President, QC MAL), Terry Petrow (Treasurer, Prairies Rep)

Regional Representatives: Zeljko Ruzicic (ON), Sima Vyas (NCR RR)

Members at Large: Fred Jamieson (Secretary, NCR), Katie Oppen (NCR)

By phone: Maryse Valiquette (Vice-President, QC), Virginia Flamarique (ATL RR)

Guests present: Debi Daviau (PIPSC President), Cara Ryan (PIPSC Bargaining)

Guest candidate present: Hussien Bashah (NCR)

Delegates: Tim Anderson (ON), Joyce Garofalo (ON), Isabel Verzosa (BC), Isabelle Woolgar (QC) April E. Ingraham (BC)

Members: See Confirmation of Participation form

Members on phone: Names not available.

Absent: André Youssef (BC RR), Binana Madikama (QC MAL), Kristy Jackson (Prairies MAL)

Guest candidate absent: Lambrini Michael (NCR)

Call to order: Sean O’Reilly: 12:07 PM

1.0 Adoption of the agenda: M/S Stéphanie Fréchette / Terry Petrow Motion carried.

2.0 Approval of Minutes (2017 AGM): M/S Terry Petrow / Sima Vyas Motion carried

3.0 Business arising from minutes: no business reported

4.0 Report of the President: Stéphanie Fréchette

5.0 Acceptance of Annual Financial Report: Terry Petrow M/S Terry Petrow / Zeljko Ruzicic Motion carried

6.0 Approval of the budget: Terry Petrow

Katie Oppen proposed reducing the Scholarship Fund contribution from $XX to $XX.
M/S Katie Oppen / Tania Polycn Motion defeated. 
Katie Oppen proposed reallocating $XX of proposed budget for mobilization and member events. Debi Daviau suggested $XX could be brought forward from 2018 budget but must be approved by PIPSC executive committee.
Katie Oppen amended her proposal to reflect Debi Daviau recommendation.    
M/S Katie Oppen / Tania Polycn Motion carried.

Action Item: Terry Petrow to submit request for $XX transfer from 2018 budget.

7.0 Guest Speakers

State of the Collective Agreement Negotiations and SR Classification: Debi Daviau / Cara Ryan

8.0 New Business: no business reported

Sean O’Reilly asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting.

8.0 Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting: M/S Stéphanie Fréchette / Terry Petrow Motion carried. 1:23 PM