Alnashir (Al) Ravjiani (CPA, CMA) - AFS Elections 2020
Candidate - Toronto Regional Representative - Alnashir (Al) Ravjiani (CPA, CMA)
EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE AT THE NATIONAL AND REGIONAL LEVEL
- Toronto Regional Representative on the AFS Executive and Bargaining Team (September 2014 to Present)
- PIPSC Board of Directors; Director, Ontario Region (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, January to June of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, January to August 2014)
- PIPSC Chair Finance Committee (January 2010 to December 2011)
- PIPSC Executive Committee-Acting Full Time Vice President (July 2009-Dec 2009)
- Chair, Executive Compensation Committee (2013)
- Chair, Human Rights in the Workplace Committee (2008, 2009)
- Multi-Lingual and serving members of PIPSC since 1995
HERE IS WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE
1. SERVING MEMBERS DURING THE PANDEMIC
Active member of AFS Group serving approximately 2,200 members in GTA on issues related to Covid-19, Occupational Safety and Health, Racism, Diversity and Inclusion, including presentation at National Employment Equity and Diversity Committee on Indigenous and Anti-Black Racism.
Institute needs effective leaders who are flexible, act quickly to member’s needs, and provide clear resolution. This is evident from my recent action during GTA Modernization at CRA where no employees had to move due to Modernization unless they requested it, at least until 2021. I was also instrumental in ensuring that all internal employees who met the requirement on an external competition were interviewed. Significant number of our members were appointed from these external competitions. I have participated in two presentations at the Senate of Canada and also served on the bargaining team on two contracts which were ratified and accepted by majority of the members. I will continue to advocate on staffing, as well as harassment and discrimination issues at all levels.
MY COMMITMENT I will work for your rights. I humbly count on your support.
We are “Better Together”. Any questions, contact me at email@example.com.