Tentative Agreement Reached, BCFNHA Bargaining
Your BCFNHA Bargaining was at the bargaining table last week and is pleased to announce that we have finalized bargaining and reached a tentative agreement with the employer to renew your Collective Agreement. Your bargaining team unanimously recommends the adoption of the tentative agreement.
Highlights of the agreement
- 6% increase over the life of the 3 year contract (1.5%, 2%, 2.5%) , April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2020;
- The employer will now pay 100% of the MSP and 100% of the dental insurance premiums;
- Protocol and procedure in the collective agreement to deal with harassment in the workplace;
- Improvements to bereavement leave with an expanded definition of the family;
- Joint committee to look at the conditions facing nurses in the remote communities;
- Changes to the collective agreement to correct errors from the initial merger on the date of transfer;
- Ongoing discussion on positions within the FNHA to ensure that positions that should be in the bargaining unit are properly included.
In the upcoming weeks, you will receive a full copy of the changes that will be included in your ratification package. Members will be asked to vote on the tentative agreement electronically. We will be conducting information sessions via teleconference. Please ensure your membership information is up to date.
Full details and instructions on how and when to vote will follow shortly! The bargaining team would also like to thank everyone who provided their input in this round of bargaining.
Your BCFNHA Bargaining team,
Nicholas Pernal (Negotiator)