26 February 2019
RECORD OF DISCUSSION MINUTES OF THE
PIPSC SIMCOE-GREY BRANCH EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (PSGBEC) MEETING 2019-01
Meeting Date/Time: 20 February 2019 / 1700 hrs
Meeting Location: Royal Thai Restaurant, Barrie
Position - Name - Present / Absent
President Bryan Pellerin Present
Vice-President Mike Doll Present
Treasurer Grant Heryet Present
Social Media Coordinator Mike Doll Present
Recording Secretary Bryan Pellerin Present
Member at Large Jacqui Bonneville Present
Member at Large Mike Clark Present
Member at Large Corey Ellis Absent
Member at Large Randy Harvey Present
Member at Large Neil MacKay Present
Member at Large Shannon Maxted Absent
Member at Large Sylvie Savoie Present
Action / Info
1 Welcoming Remarks. President indicated that due to impending freezing rain and in the interest of safety that we would not dwell extensively on Old Business items. President advised that we are starting Year 2 of our 3 year mandate. Year 1 was considered successful in terms of implementing the 3 x priorities (membership engagement, by-law update, PSGB AGM 2018) although work remains to be done on membership.
2 OLD BUSINESS
a Other Unions Inventory With PSGB Workplace. President will continue to inventory information from all Branch workplaces to maintain an inventory of Unions and their points of contact co-located with PIPSC members.
b Membership Management Roadmap. A carryover priority item from 2018 Branch priorities, it is an attempt to map out a PIPSC member journey from career start to finish and beyond to see where Branch should interject information and support.
c Trial Doodle.com. After some discussion, it was agreed that Doodle.com would not be implemented within the Branch.
d PSGB Bylaws. President indicated that by-laws have passed review by the PIPSC by-laws committee and can now be presented for membership vote at PSGB AGM 2019.
e Action Items Register. The register used ensure that PSGBEC meeting action items are tracked. The review of the status of items on the register was deferred to a future meeting.
3 NEW BUSINESS
a Financial Update. Treasurer presented the 2018 balances and 2019 allocation and spending plan. The bulk of the funds will be spent on PSGB AGM 2019. Some supplies for PSGB AGM 2019 were purchased from 2018 budget. President indicated that there are other sources of funds available for activities within the Branch (e.g. Lunch and Learns).
b PSGBEC 2019 Meetings (Schedule and Location). PSGBEC agreed that meetings in June and late September/early October 2019 were reasonable. Current venue is satisfactory but members were encouraged to bring other options forward.
c PSGBEC 2019 Priorities. 2019 priorities will be: continuation of membership information management; outreach (e.g. lunch and learns, guest speakers, visits to other workplaces, etc); and PSGB AGM 2019.
d PSGB AGM 2018 Wrap Up. Based on feedback forms and personal experiences, it was agreed that PSGB AGM 2018 was successful but that some adjustments will be made.
e PSGB AGM 2019 Planning. President will confirm early November date at Liberty North. President will reach out to President CS Sub-Group and AFS rep to confirm a collaborative AGM. Agenda will include by-law vote, an election awareness topic for Branch elections to occur in 2020, a Union topic speaker and a non-Union topic speaker.
f Hunder Cup. Aside from the e-mail distributed earlier, President did not have a lot of detail of the eligibility requirements for the ON Branch of the Year Award. It was determined that relevant information would be tracked in 2019 for a future application.
4 Around the Table. Mike Doll, Social Media (SM) Coordinator, expressed a concern that the Branch SM sites have very low traffic. After some discussion, it was agreed to keep the SM sites alive and continue to try to drive Branch members to them.
5 Closing / Next Meeting. President thanked all for their participation. Minutes will be drafted and circulated for review. Next meeting is planned for June 2019.
President CS Subgroup
President AFS Subgroup