Ottawa Centreville Branch (OCB)
Meeting starts: 5:30 p.m.
In Attendance: Michael Kenny, Abraham Garcia, Brian Hassall, Susan Amog-Hassall, Michelle Tran, Tom Iwinski, Andrew Wigmore, April Chen, Andra Weis, Art Iwinski.
Regrets: Zul Nanji
2. Agenda was provided in advance electronically. Michael asked if there are any other items to include to the agenda. There were no other items proposed. Abe put the motion to approve the agenda and seconded by Andrew. The agenda was approved.
3. The OCB Executives reviewed and discussed the OCB Draft Minutes from 20 March 2023. Michael asked if there are any other items from the Minutes to discuss. After a short discussion there was a motion by Andra and seconded by April to approve the Minutes.
The OCB Executives reviewed and discussed the OCB Draft Minutes from 16 May 2023. Michael asked if there are any other items from the Minutes to discuss. After a short discussion there was a motion by Susan and seconded by Michelle to approve the Minutes. The Minutes were approved and will be emailed to PIPSC for translation and posting on the PIPSC website.
Michael declared that there was no other business arising from the Minutes to discuss.
4. Old Business. Delegates and Observers Selection Committee (Michelle, Andra, April, Michael, Andrew) work was completed for June 12, 2023, and the list of delegates and observers was emailed to PIPSC. All selected members must confirm their attendance. There was no other old business to discuss at this moment.
5. New Business.
- Andra provided an update on Stewards appreciated event.
- Andrew provided an update for planning the next OCB AGM meeting. The selection of guest speakers was discussed. Andrew will provide the AGM poster to Monica and Art will distribute AGM Agenda to the OCB executives for their comments and approval after this meeting.
6. Financial Report. Abraham declared that OCB finances are in very good shape.
7. Committee Chairs provided Committees reports.
Finance Committee will organise the meeting after this meeting to review the OCB financial statements.
Learning Committee. Susan provided an update on retirement sessions that are going take place in July 2023.
Outreach Committee. Andra invited everyone to participate in the Steward’s appreciation event at Dooly's. The invitation will be emailed to the members soon.
8. IT Assets. A list of IT assets with serial numbers that belong to OCB Executive will be emailed to PIPSC finance.
9. To honor the memory of Anne Mcbride, who was our loyal supporter, a wonderful friend and a valued colleague, Susan proposed that the OCB donate $200.00 to Breast Cancer Canada. April seconded. Motion carried.
10. Round table.
- Michael congratulated Abe for winning the election for HQ Region representative.
- Abe thanked for the support all union members provided to him.
- The previous AGM Election Committee Report stated that five OCB executive members have a one-year term and will be up for election at the next AGM meeting. Following is the list of the members that are subject to the election: Art Iwinski (Secretary), Andra Weis, Michelle Tran, April Chen, and Tom Iwinski.
- Selection of Election Committee. Andrew will contact Stacy McLaren, Lynn Morris and Margaret Bigras by email and invite them to serve on the OCB AGM Election Committee.
- Andrew moved the formation of an Election Committee for the 2023 AGM OCB Executives election, with Stacy McLaren as the Chair and Lynn Morris and Margaret Bigras as the members. Abe seconded it. Motion carried. The Committee confirmation will be provided by email and the addendum to this Minutes.
There was no other business to be discussed.
11. Next OCB meeting. September 19 and location TBD.
12. Michael put a motion to adjourn the meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.
Addendum to the 11 July 2023 OCB Executives Minutes
Stacy McLaren, Lynn Morris and Margaret Bigras confirmed by emails to form the Election Committee for 2023 AGM OCB Executives Elections.