Luncheon and Annual General Meeting – October 17, 2018
TO: PIPSC members at the Environment and Climate Change Canada-Downsview building (ECCC and SSC employees) and the Toronto office of the CEAA
DATE: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
TIME: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Part 1: Meeting in the Downsview Auditorium
The business part of the meeting will be held in the auditorium. See the agenda below for details. There’s no need to RSVP if you’re just attending the business meeting.
Part 2: Luncheon at 168 Sushi Buffet, 1520 Steeles Ave West, North-West corner of Steeles and Dufferin Street.
* Tickets will be provided to attendees at the conclusion of part 1 of the meeting in the auditorium. You must have a ticket to attend the luncheon. If you wish to attend the luncheon please RSVP by October 15 to Bill Sukloff
Guest speaker: Debi Daviau, President, PIPSC
We are privileged to have President Daviau as our guest speaker. Many important topics will be discussed, including scientific integrity, Phoenix, Sick Leave, bill C-27, and health and dental benefits.
The following positions on the Toronto Environment Branch Executive are up for election:
* Member-at-large: 6 positions (the Secretary will be selected from member-at-large positions at the first meeting of the Executive after the AGM)
Note that you can submit your name from the floor of the AGM. There's no need for a seconder.
The Branch bylaws are posted on the PIPSC web site.
The AGM addresses the business of the Branch along with it being a social event to encourage discussion of union issues between members, the Branch Executive, and Stewards in a relaxed atmosphere.
Since the meeting will take longer than the normal lunch period we suggest you speak to your supervisor about making up the time or taking an hour or two of vacation leave.
1) 11:30 a.m. Business Meeting
b. Review of Previous Minutes
c. Branch President's Report (update on Branch activities and Labour Management Consultation at ECCC)
d. Treasurer's Report
ii. 6 positions Member-at-Large (Secretary will be selected from member-at-large positions at the first Executive meeting)
2) New Business
3) 12:15 p.m. Guest speaker: Debi Daviau, PIPSC President
4) 12:45 p.m. Lunch at 168 Sushi Buffet
5) 1:30 p.m. Adjournment