Greetings PIPSC Ottawa West Branch (OWB) members,
With federal and provincial governments lifting/easing COVID related restrictions, the Ottawa West Branch is holding an IN-PERSON Family Fun Filled BBQ. All regular and retired OWB members are encouraged to apply to attend . Capacity at the venue is capped so do apply before September 02, 2022.
Date/Time: 11:00 to 16:00 Saturday, September 17, 2022
Venue: Trolley Station, in Britannia Park, 2805 Carling Ave, North of the Pinecrest Rd. cross Carling Ave.
Capacity: Capped at 100 participants (adults and kids inclusive)
Parking: Limited free parking spots in the park.
Other: All applicable health rules of the day must be adhered to.
11:30 to 12:00 – Meet and Greet/Registration
12:00 to 13:00 – Serving of lunch
13:00 to 16:00 – Other activities
Please note the following administrative details to ensure that the day goes smoothly:
- This event is limited to the member and his/her spouse/partner and their child(ren) under 18 years of age living in the same household.
- The “Trolley Station” is located inside the park on the right-hand side after the first parking lot. This “Trolley Station” being a shelter with a roof, though without walls, the BBQ will not be canceled in case of poor weather.
- The menu is typical BBQ fare and non-alcoholic beverages, we recommend you to bring water bottles as there is a water station by the bathroom building for refills.
- Limited picnic tables are provided by the park, we highly recommend bringing your own lawn chairs or picnic blanket. Consult with onsite OWB Executives for guidance at all times.
- When lifeguards are not on duty at the beach, please take the necessary precautions if you or your family wish to go swimming.
- In accordance with the City of Ottawa’s smoke-free regulations which took effect July 2, 2012, smoking (including Cannabis and vaper) is prohibited in all areas of the park. Alcohol may not be served or consumed in the park.
Directions to Britannia Park:
Take Highway 417 and get off at Exit 129 North (Pinecrest Road). Drive north for about 2 km on Pinecrest Road. At the intersection of Pinecrest and Carling Avenue, the name of Pinecrest changes to Greenview Avenue. Keep going north on Greenview. Parking is available north and east of the BBQ area at the “Trolley Station.”
One segment of the Trans Canada Trail Bike Path arrives directly in Britannia Park and crosses Greenview Avenue.
Bus number 18 goes into the park and bus number 85 stops on Carling at Pinecrest.