Meeting starts: 5:00 p.m.
In Attendance: Brian Hassall, Susan Amog-Hassall, Michelle Tran, Michael Kenny, Zul Nanji, Tom Iwinski, Andrew Wigmore, Abraham Garcia, Art Iwinski.
Regrets: Josée Stone.
2. Agenda was provided in advance electronically. Brian asked if there are any other items to include to the agenda. There were no other items proposed. Zul put the motion to approve the agenda and seconded by Susan. The agenda was approved.
3. The OCB Executive Meeting Minutes from 16 May 2022 were approved electronically by OCB Executives and emailed to PIPSC for translation and posting on the PIPSC website. Brian asked if there are any items from the Minutes to discuss. No item to discuss.
4. Brian provided an update on 2022 AGM. 80 union members registered within first 24 hours after the call letter was posted on the PIPSC website and formal registration was closed after reaching the delegates designed limits. After closing the formal registration, the PIPSC website did not provide any response to many members who tried to register, and the website appeared to be broken. At the same time no waiting list was established. Consequently, some members tried to register directly with the OCB learning.
With respect to the AGM meeting, Brian explained that there is no requirement from PIPSC to have a hybrid (in person and virtual) meeting. Then Brian asked for the executives’ comments regarding the delegates registration and format of the AGM. After intensive discussion the consensus was reached. Art made a motion to proceed with OCB 2022 AGM meeting in-person only. Seconded by Michael. Motion carried.
With respect to the registration Art moved the motion as follows: in addition to the 80 members that registered on PIPSC website, members sending email to OCB learning within 24 hours after closing the registration should be allowed to attend the OCB 2022 AGM meeting. Seconded by Zul. Motion carried.
5.Election Committee. Susan confirmed that proposed members agreed to serve in the Election Committee for the OCB 2022 AGM (Election Committee). The following members will serve in the Election Committee during the next OCB AGM:
• Terry Sing,
• Margaret Bigras,
• Lucienne B. Bahuaud,
After the short discussion the Executives agreed to pay mileage and parking expenses to the Election Committee members. Susan put the motion to accept the Election Committee, seconded by Michael. Motion carried.
6.The new business. Brian asked Andrew to provide the update on OCB 2022 AGM. Andrew will confirm adding 10 seats in addition to 80 previously registered on the PIPSC website to the AGM. Simultaneous interpretation will be available.
7. Treasurer Report. Abraham confirmed having all Financial Statement available and accepted previously by the OCB executives. Abraham also mentioned that all FS presentations and approvals were recorded in OCB Executive Meeting Minutes, May 18, 2021.
Brian Thanked Andrew, Susan, and Abraham for doing a great job.
8. NCR Council. There will be Branch Presidents meeting on the Friday morning. Brian will be attending the meeting. Brian also informed about the caucus the night before the Council to discuss the Resolution and provide the NCR position on each of them. There was a proposition to have a social, informal meeting with the members as we traditionally used to have.
9. National PIPSC AGM. Brian reminds everyone about the registration process.
10. Education Committee. Susan informed having retirement sessions on August 18 and August 25. It is very popular event more people are registered than system allowed.
130 members signed up for each event. All agreed to have an additional retirement session after the AGM election.
Andrew made a motion that the OCB Executives attending this Meeting to be able to claim per diem based on PIPSC travel policy and include this amount to the claim for cellphone and internet next time. It will be listed as a “OCB Executive Meeting on August 9, 2022”. Seconded by Michael. Motion carried.
There was no other business to discussed.
12. Abraham put a motion to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Art. Meeting adjourned at 6:26 p.m.