Atlantic Young Professionals Committee - Terms of Reference
NAME: Atlantic Young Professionals Committee (AYPC)
MANDATE: Provide advice to the Regional Executive on matters related to young
professionals, increase confidence, skills, knowledge regarding the union among young
professionals and mobilize young professionals to play a role in building the union for
MEMBERSHIP: Approved by the Atlantic Regional Director. Open to members of PIPSC Atlantic Region in good standing. Maximum of 8 members under 40, to include where possible, provincial representation – two from each Atlantic province plus the Regional Director and one member of the Regional Executive.
TERMS: Four, two year terms.
- Identify barriers for young professionals in the Public Service and PIPSC
- Raise issues specific to young professionals
- Foster relationships with like minded groups
- Outreach to young professionals in the workplace
- Educate youth on the union and its benefits
- Liaise with Atlantic Regional Executive
SCREENING CRITERIA: The following criteria may be used to assess the expressions of interest to select inaugural members of the Atlantic Youth Advisory Committee.
- Under 40
- Province of Residence
- Branch Involvement
- Range of Union Experience
- Submitted Rationale