AYPC - Volunteers - 2019
NAME: Atlantic Young Professionals Committee (AYPC)
MANDATE: Provide advice to the Regional Executive on matters related to young professionals, increase confidence, skills, knowledge regarding the union among young professionals and mobilize young professionals to play a role in building the union for the future.
MEMBERSHIP: Approved by the Atlantic Regional Director. Open to members of PIPSC Atlantic Region in good standing. Maximum of 8 members under 40, to include where possible, provincial representation – two from each Atlantic province plus the Regional Director and one member of the Regional Executive.
TERMS: Four, two year terms and four one year terms.
- Identify barriers for young professionals in the Public Service and PIPSC
- Raise issues specific to young professionals
- Foster relationships with like minded groups
- Outreach to young professionals in the workplace
- Educate youth on the union and its benefits
- Liaise with Atlantic Regional Executive
SCREENING CRITERIA: The following criteria may be used to assess the expressions of interest to select inaugural members of the Atlantic Youth Advisory Committee.
- Under 40
- Province of Residence
- Branch Involvement
- Range of Union Experience
- Submitted Rationale
Deadline for return: Monday, March 11, 2019
Atlantic Young Professionals Committee (AYPC)
One (1) Year
Two (2) Year
RATIONALE FOR MEMBERSHIP ON COMMITTEE
If not selected for membership to the committee would you like to be a “friend” of the AYPC? Your name would be added to the email group and you would receive copies of AYPC meeting minutes.
YES / NO