Applied Science and Patent Examination (SP) Mainland Nova Scotia Sub-Group Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Notice of Elections
The SP Mainland Nova Scotia Sub-Group is holding their 2023 AGM:
- Date: Wednesday June 7 2023 @ 5:00 PM
- Location: Wooden Monkey, Alderney Landing, Dartmouth
- Meal: Provided (vegan and gluten free options available)
- RVSP to firstname.lastname@example.org before close-of-business on June 1, 2023.
- Sub-Group President’s Welcome and Comments
- Financial Statement
- Approve Budget
- Elections to the Executive (details to follow)
- Bargaining Update: Enzo Barresi, SP Group Bargaining Coordinator
- Questions and Answers
Who Can Attend:
All ‘Regular’ and ‘Retired’ members in good standing of the SP Group and working or living in mainland Nova Scotia are welcome to attend the AGM. You are an SP Group member if you are a BI, PC, MT, or SG.
Notice of Elections
The SP Mainland Nova Scotia Sub-Group Executive is composed of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and up to seven (7) Member-at-Large positions. The Sub-Group Executive are calling for nominations from the Nova Scotia SP community for the following positions:
- President - 1 position (2-year term)
- Treasurer - 1 position (2-year term)
- Member-at-Large – up to 5 positions ( 1 or 2-year terms)
All ‘Regular’ and ‘Retired’ members in good standing of the SP Mainland NS Sub-Group are eligible to hold positions on the Sub-Group Executive, nominate members for positions on the Sub-Group Executive and vote for Executive members and on resolutions. If you are not presently a member of PIPSC, or you are not sure, then please contact a PIPSC steward.
The Elections Committee is:
Nominations may be submitted by email to a member of the Elections Committee or may be made from the floor of the 2023 Sub-Group AGM. You may nominate yourself. If you wish to nominate a member other than yourself, please ensure that your nominee is willing to stand for election.