Consider being part of the SP Group Executive!
There is a vacancy on the SP National Executive for one representative for the British Columbia and Yukon Region. This position will be filled by an election for a term to expire with the completion of regional pool elections in 2025.
● Terms are 3 years however the term of this position will expire with regional pool elections in 2025.
● The executive generally consists of 13 members.
● Leave taken to participate in, and travel for, meetings is reimbursed by PIPSC.
● There are generally 5-6 meetings a year of which about 2-3 are in person.
● All meetings have hybrid options for those wishing to attend remotely.
● In person meetings generally occur in Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto.
● Meetings are fully bilingual (simultaneous translation).
● Training is provided for new executive members.
● For more information on the SP executive and what we do see our by-laws and constitution: https://pipsc.ca/groups/sp/bylaws
How to apply:
Regular members agreeing to fill a position on the Group Executive must stand for election in the region in which their workplace is located. Retired members agreeing to fill a position on the Group Executive must stand for election in the region in which their residence is located, and only if no regular members are standing for election [Bylaws 7.2].
As shown on the attached Nomination Form, each nominee must indicate a willingness to serve, if elected, and each nomination must be supported by at least five (5) members of the SP Group. If the number of candidates for a position exceeds the number of positions to be filled, the Elections Committee will arrange for an election by the applicable members in that region.
The 2023 Election Committee is comprised of:
- Kevin Jacobs, Kjacobs@pipsc.ca
- Joanne Papineau, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Elliott, email@example.com
- Leslie Nasmith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations must be submitted by 12:00 PM (noon) ET on July 19, 2023.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *