The Health Services Group executive is seeking nominations to join their team from the following professions:
- Northern Nurse*
- Nurse Practitioner
*Northern Nurse is defined as: A registered nurse employed by ISC as a CHN to provide primary care and promote community health, on-site, in remote or isolated communities. (CWIS types 1 and 2).
Submit your nomination by Monday, March 13 at 4:00 PM ET using the form below. All positions are for a three-year term. These are voluntary roles. Please note that nominations must be supported by two SH Group members.
The successful candidates will assume office following the announcement of the election results and attend the 2023 SH AGM and associated executive meeting on consecutive dates to be determined.
Here is more information about the SH Group Executive:
- The Executive meets approximately six times a year, usually in Ottawa. If you live outside the Ottawa-Gatineau area, travel will be required to meet in-person although the virtual/hybrid option will normally be available.
- Meetings are usually held on Saturdays. If you work the day of the meeting, PIPSC will reimburse your salary. Salary reimbursement may also be available if you need time to travel to the meeting.
- Your expenses for travel and accommodation are covered by the PIPSC Travel Policy.
- PIPSC also has a Union & Family Life Balance Policy. Under this policy executive members can be entitled to a day off with pay for every meeting if they stay the Saturday night of the meeting.
- The Group Executive can establish committees as necessary, which are tasked to work on specific issues affecting SH members and report back to the group executive.
Eligible members are encouraged to participate in this union leadership opportunity. Please disconnect from the government's VPN and use a personal device in order to ensure the form loads.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group Bylaws.
Here is a summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by two Group members.
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible.
- If necessary, the Elections Committee will hold a vote.
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- Further the professional interests of the members
- Protect the status and standards of our profession
- Represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- Ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union