Senate Legislative Clerks’ Group PIPSC – AGM
Friday, November 24, 2017
- Call to Order by the President
- Declarations of Proxies
- Approval of the Agenda
- Adoption of the Minutes of the previous AGM
- Business arising from the Minutes
- Report from the President
- Annual Financial Report
- Approval of Budget
- Election of an Election Chair
- Election of the Executive
- Report of the Election Chair
- New Business – Update from PIPSC Representative
The members of the Senate Legislative Clerks Group of the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada met November 24, 2017 at 12:07 pm in room 1001, Chambers Building.
Vanessa Moss-Norburry, acting President, presided the AGM.
In attendance: Mireille Aubé, Emily Barrette, Marie-Eve Belzile, Céline Éthier, Maxime Fortin, Lynn Gordon, Chantal Lalonde, François Michaud, Vanessa Moss-Norburry, Mark Palmer, Kevin Pittman, Jessica Richardson, Ferda Simpson, Adam Thompson, Pierre Ouellet (representing PIPSC)
Agenda item 1: Call to Order by the President
Agenda item 2: Declaration of proxies
- The President received 1 proxy
Agenda item 3: Adoption of the agenda
- It was agreed to adopt the agenda
Agenda item 4: Adoption of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- After one (1) small typo, the minutes were approved unanimously.
Agenda item 5: Business arising from the Minutes
Agenda item 6: Report from the President
- The President made a statement
Agenda item 7: Annual Financial Report
- No Financial Report was tabled as the Group does not hold a banking account.
Agenda item 8: Approval of Budget
Agenda item 9: Election of an Election Chair
- Kevin proposed that Adam act as the Chair of the Election Committee. Adam accepted.
Agenda item 10: Election of the Executive
- The Election Chair opened the floor for nominations for President.
- Marie-Eve, seconded by Jessica, nominated Mark. There were no other nominations. Mark accepted the position.
- The Election Chair opened the floor for nominations for Vice-President.
- Marie-Eve, seconded by Kevin, nominated Mireille. There were no other nominations. Mireille accepted the position.
- The Election Chair opened the floor for nominations for Secretary-Treasurer.
- Vanessa, seconded by Jessica, nominated Marie-Eve. There were no other nominations. Marie-Eve accepted the position.
Agenda item 11: Report of the Election Chair
- The Election Chair announced that the elections were now closed.
Agenda item 12: New Business, including Proposed By-Law Amendments.
- Pierre explained that the Senate group could potentially have two (2) options for the renegotiation of their collective agreement if the employer is agreeable. Questions were asked and answered, and Pierre agreed to follow up with the group once he obtains the consent of the employer
- Pierre explained the status for the evaluation of the Sen 09 vs Sen 10 classification. He apologized for the delay and agreed to follow up with PIPSC and update the group.
- Pierre explained the status of the approval of the Senate’s new proposed By-Laws. He apologized for the delay and agreed to follow up and update the group.
- Pierre reported on recent union activities.
- Pierre discussed the possibility of organizing a training for the new executive members.
Agenda item 13: Adjournment
- The meeting was adjourned at 12:50 pm.