RETIRED MEMBERS GUILD
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOVEMBER 1, 2018 – 1400 HRS
HILTON, LAC LEAMY - SALON DU JARDIN
- CALL TO ORDER
- MOMENT OF SILENCE for members no longer with us
- INTRODUCTIONS & REGRETS – President Debbie Daviau, Luc Carriere, Allen Shusterman, Madelaine Blais, Lucienne Viau, and the members of the RMG national executive.
Regrets Bill Giggie
- AGENDA APPROVAL Moved and carried
- Guest Speaker Debbie Daviau- Commented on the dedication of the RMG and updated members on issues of concern (Phoenix, dental plan, medical plan, generic drugs). She spoke on the history and accomplishments of Bill Giggie and Elie Ahad and entertained questions from the group.
- MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & BUSINESS ARISING – addition of Elie Ahad to the minutes. No business arising. Motion to accept carried.
- President’s report made available to attendees. Terry gave a brief overview of the content. Motion to accept carried.
- Financial Report for 2018 & 2019 Budget presented by Richard Rice. Motion to accept carried. Richard entertained questions from attendees.
Richard presented the budget for 2019. Motion to accept carried.
- RMG Elections - presenter Don Burns.
- Don gave the results of the election with the exception of the Quebec results which required a revote (to be announced later in Nov.). Questions were received regarding possible changes in how we conduct elections (no changes anticipated)
- BYLAW CHANGES – Charlotte presented changes to the bylaws regarding start of terms and selection of officers. Motion on adoption of proposed changes carried. Executive to further study of the proposal to have Chapter Presidents attend PIPSC AGM at PIPSC expense.
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Steve Hindle invited to speak to AGM. He spoke on the role of retirees in support of PIPSC. Steve entertained questions.
b. Resolution to the PIPSC AGM on limits to participation of retired members in PIPSC activities. Terry spoke on the fact that the RMG as a class would need to support the resolution for it to pass.
a. Charlotte spoke on the impact on retirees of resolutions aimed at limiting their participation. Alan pointed out our value in our ability to speak on issues without fear of retribution. Terry apologized to the Quebec attendees for the problems arising from the election.
- NEXT MEETING – The next RMG AGM will be approximately Nov. 7, 2019 prior to the PIPSC AGM.
- ADJOURNMENT – Motion to adjourn carried.