The NRC-RO/RCO Group executive is seeking nominations for 6 executive positions for a 2-year term.
Once the executive members are elected, they will decide among themselves who will fill the following roles:
- Chief Steward
- Member at Large (6 positions)
Submit your nomination by December 4, 2020 at 3:00 PM ET using the form below.
Members are encouraged to participate in this leadership opportunity and diversity of representation is encouraged.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group bylaws.
Here is a summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by least 2 regular members of the NRC-RO/RCO Group
- Nominees may submit a short biographical sketch about themselves and why they want to be an executive member (maximum 200 words)
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible
- If necessary, the Elections Committee will hold a vote
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- further the professional interests of the members
- protect the status and standards of our profession
- represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union
This is a voluntary role, and you will be eligible for union leave to participate in all union activities. The executive meets as frequently as is required, but at least twice a year.