Tentative Agreement Ratified
We are pleased to announce that the members of the JCC-RT group have ratified the tentative agreement.
Hamilton Health Sciences has provided a schedule of timelines for implementation of the new collective agreement:
- New salary rates effective June 3 to be reflected on June 23 pay deposit
- Retro to be processed on June 9 off cycle (reflective of October 1, 2019 to June 2, 2021)
- Staff on Maternity Leave of Absence eligible for retroactive pay of their sub plan top-up will be paid on the June 23, 2021 normal deposit date
- Retro applications for former staff to be mailed June 18, with payment for those that respond to be processed on September 2 off cycle
- Former HHS staff now at NHS will receive retro payment on the same day as former HHS staff.
- Benefit enhancements to be effective June 1
- New premiums to appear on the June 23 pay deposit
- Depending on Green Shields time to implement the enhancements, we may ask staff to hold on submitting their claims for any of the benefits that are being enhanced until the Green Shield systems are updated.
Information about your new collective agreement can be found in your Ratification Package [Insert LINK https://pipsc.ca/groups/jcc/title-bargaining-update-5-voting-on-jcc-rt-tentative-agreemen]
We would like to thank the membership for your continued support and patience during these exceptional times. We are extremely proud of our membership and the important work that you continue to perform on the front lines throughout this pandemic.
Your PIPSC JCC-RT Bargaining Team
Carrie Gerdes, President
Vas Naina, Vice-President
Jasmin VanSantvoort, Treasurer
David Griffin, Negotiator