The CS Group executive is seeking nominations for the following positions:
- President (1 position) – 3 year term
- Member-at-large (5 positions) – 3 year term
- Member-at-large (1 position) – 2 year term
Submit your nomination by 5:00 PM ET on March 2, 2022 using the form below. Please disconnect from the government's VPN and use a personal device in order to ensure the form loads.
Members are encouraged to participate in this CS Group leadership opportunity.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group bylaws.
Here is a summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by at least 3 group members
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible
- If necessary, the Elections Committee will hold a vote
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- further the professional interests of the members
- protect the status and standards of our profession
- represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union
This is a voluntary role. The executive meets a minimum of 4 times per year.
Candidates are encouraged to have significant previous union experience and a good working knowledge of the CS Collective Agreement and PIPSC.
Elected officials will be required to:
- Assume Officer portfolios
- Attend Subgroup Annual General Meetings (AGM), in their region
- Attend the CS Group and PIPSC AGMs, as well as the Subgroup President’s Meeting
- Meet approximately every 2 weeks, in person or via Zoom. Meeting may take place on weekdays, weekends and evenings.
These are volunteer positions requiring a commitment to perform duties both at times during and outside of your normal public service work hours.