NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
The Montreal PIPSC CP Sub-Group will be holding its AGM 2022 on:
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2022
Time: 6:30 pm
Place: Casa Grecque
8245 Taschereau Blvd, Brossard
The AGM is a gathering of the members of the CP group in the greater Montreal area. It is an excellent opportunity to build relationships and exchange ideas and raise issues of concern,
as well as to reconnect in person with colleagues after a 2-year hiatus. Come vote for your new executive. This is also a key year as bargaining with our employer is scheduled to start this year. It is more important than ever to get involved in your union.
A meal with beverages will be offered. Free Parking is available on site. Please confirm your presence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 28, 2022.
If you have any allergy or specific requirements, please inform Claudine Morin as well.
Attached you will find the following documents:
Elections 2022- Call for Nominations
Given that due to COVID, our last AGM and elections were in June 2019, the terms of office for all positions on the Sub-Group Executive have expired. We are now accepting nominations for the following positions:
Two (2) year term
Member at large (4 positions)
One (1) year term
Member at large (3 positions)
Please refer to article 6.8 the Constitution and By-Laws for details with respect to each position.
Members in good standing may submit their nomination to the Elections Committee by e-mail before 5pm May 5th. For those candidates who cannot attend the AGM, they have to clearly indicate that they will accept the post they have been nominated for, should they be elected, failing which their candidacy will not be retained.
All candidacies must be sent to Lyne Larocque at email@example.com Please clearly indicate in the subject line – Élections Sous-Groupe CP Montréal and specify which post(s) you are interested in .
Nominations may be made during the AGM, even in the absence of the person being nominated, as long as the nominee has given his/her acceptance of the nomination.
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Approval of the Minutes of the 2019 AGM
4. Introduction of the Executive CP-Montreal Sub-Group and the invited guest
- Lyne Larocque , Quebec Regional Representative, CP Group National Executive and Member of the Bargaining Team
5. Report of the President – Evangelia Costamis
6. Report of the Treasurer – Shemin Mawji
7. Presentation and Adoption Sub-Group Financial Statements for 2019, 2020 and 2021
8. Approval of the budget for 2022
9. Nomination of the President of the Elections
- members-at-large (maximum 7)
11. Question Period / Comments
12. New Business/Varia
13. Invited Guest Speaker – Lyne Larocque
14. Closing remarks and adjournment