Your bargaining team is pleased to announce that members have ratified the tentative agreement with the Canadian Museum of Nature, concluding this round of bargaining. The effective date of ratification is January 7th, 2022.
The salary increases will include retro-active pay dating back to October 1, 2018 and will include 4 yearly increases of 1.64%. The agreement will expire on September 30th 2022.
In addition full-time employees, who are actively on strength (including those on paid or unpaid leave), will receive a $2,000 signing bonus to be paid within 4 weeks of the January 7 ratification date.
Other changes include:
- The Chief Scientist will be assigned for a period of 5 years maximum and will receive $10,000 per year allowance
- Employees will receive Acting Pay after 3 days and will vary between 3% and 10% of base pay depending the position being replaced
- Designated holidays will include the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- At least 24 hours notice of any requirement for the performance of overtime. Employees may refuse the request for overtime.
- Maternity and Parental Leave without Pay was updated
- Leave for Victims of Family Violence
- Employees may carry over up to $5,000 of their unused allocated professional development funds, including those allocated in previous fiscal years, into the next fiscal year
- Clarified the definition of Field and Sea Research
- The Classification and Promotion was updated as were the application forms
Your CMN bargaining team, PIPSC
Jordan Mallon, Jennifer Doubt, Jean-Marc Gagnon,Troy McMullin and Aaron Lussier