The CFIA-S&A Group Executive is seeking nominations for Members-at-large in the following regions:
- Atlantic Region – 1 position for a 3-year term
- Ontario Region – 1 position for a 3-year term
- National Capital Region – 1 position for a 3-year term
- Outside the National Capital Region – 3 positions, each for a 3-year term
Members are encouraged to participate in this union leadership opportunity. Submit your nomination by November 29, 2022 using the form below. Please disconnect from the government's VPN and use a personal device in order to ensure the form loads.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group Bylaws.
Here is a summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by at least 5 Group members
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible
- If necessary, the Elections Committee will hold a vote
- Nominees must review and respect the Group Elections Code of Conduct
- The Group Executive is required to consult with the employer on behalf of members, therefore, to be a candidate or remain a group executive member, the member must be or become a steward.
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- further the professional interests of the members
- protect the status and standards of our profession
- represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union