Dear AV-Ottawa Members,
The AV-Ottawa Subgroup executive is pleased to announce Awards of distinctive service to two recently retired PIPSC stewards and executive members of the AV-Ottawa subgroup: Sylvia Boucher and Margaret Bigras. You can view photos on the following Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Groupe.AV.Group/
Sylvia became a steward in 2002 and was dedicated to that role until her retirement in 2019. She served on the AV-NCR Branch executive for four years and has served as an executive on the AV Ottawa subgroup since its inception. She has also been a branch executive at the NRCan-NCR Sub-Group. She has advocated for members on the Occupational Health and Safety committee as well as the Labour Management Consultation Committee. Sylvia was an unquestionably important voice for the CO community and its efforts to achieve equal pay with ECs.
- She was a founding executive in the AV-Ottawa sub-group
- She has organized and led lunch and learn events for members of the AV-Ottawa sub group on issues such as the Employee Wellness and Support Program, the Science and Integrity Policy and the PIPSC 101
- She moderated events for a number of PIPSC organizations
- Led and participated in a number of PIPSC mobilization events
Margaret became a PIPSC steward in 2008 and served in that role until her retirement in 2018. She was elected to an executive position in the National Capital Region AV subgroup before it was split into the Ottawa and Gatineau sub-groups. She was an executive member of the founding AV-Ottawa subgroup on which she served as Vice-President until her retirement. Marg was also a member of the AV (National) Group executive for four years and served on her Department’s consultation team. Marg worked tirelessly in her role as a steward and a PIPSC executive to engage members in the activities of the Institute.
- As an executive, Marg organized the first five AGMs of the AV Ottawa sub-group.
- She organized steward appreciation events
- Organized AV-Group and sub-group social activities for members
- Organized a number of visibility activities